PDA

View Full Version : Could some of you experts help me with my first commercial bid?

newcutter
10-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Hello,
My best customer bought 11 acres in a upscale business district.He built a very nice building on it and is moving his thriving business over to it.He likes the way I cut hisand his churches lawn ,so he ask me to put in a bid on it. I think I can get the contract if I have a competitiv bid,but every other lco wants it too.
Here is what I'm bidding on:
1.mowing 4 acres,44 times a year(2 acre field & 2 acres aroud trees and shrubs).weedeat ,edge(300 feet)and blow.

2.Refreshing mulch every spring(customer buy's mulch and I provide the labor)2men 8hours
3.Trim 372 yupon holly's twice a year
4.Trim 72 dwarf buford holly's a year.
5.prune 17 crape myrtle's once a year
6.Fall clean-up and removal of all debris.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks newcutter

coolluv
10-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Hello,
My best customer bought 11 acres in a upscale business district.He built a very nice building on it and is moving his thriving business over to it.He likes the way I cut hisand his churches lawn ,so he ask me to put in a bid on it. I think I can get the contract if I have a competitiv bid,but every other lco wants it too.
1.mowing 4 acres,44 times a year(2 acre field & 2 acres aroud trees and shrubs).weedeat ,edge(300 feet)and blow.

2.Refreshing mulch every spring(customer buy's mulch and I provide the labor)2men 8hours

Thanks newcutter

My Bid
Mowing $4400
Mulch $480
Yupon Hollys $3720
Dwarf buford hollys $180
Crape Myrtles $170
Fall clean up? $0 included. Probably no trees on a new lot.

Total $8950 or $9000 year $750month

Big Company Bid
$2640
$400
$744
$75
$60
$3290 or $326 month

The Big company will get the bid and they can have it for that. Thats the Atlanta market. Yours may be different.

Dave...

Kennedy Landscaping
10-02-2008, 01:06 PM
I think Dave's sounds about right. But go with you gut on this one. It all depends on how much profit you want and how hard you are willing to work for it.

Hope this helped a little bit.

TJLANDS
10-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Hello,

Thanks newcutter

If he is a really good customer, tell him the truth. You dont have a lot of experiance with bidding commercial properties. Maybe he will tell you his best bid or even show it to you. It happens alot and is probably your best shot at landing the account.
My prices wouldnt help you at all.
Good Luck.

ponyboy
10-02-2008, 09:05 PM
IF HE IS A GOOD CUSTOMER sorry he might not only care about price good luck

topsites
10-02-2008, 09:11 PM
I had one about half that size some years back, I'm full time solo, and it busted my nuts.
Your luck may differ, and I don't mean this in a bad way but it sounds to be a bit much for a solo or part-time operation.