PDA

View Full Version : Damp mowing week..

lawncare18
10-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Anyone else having a wet mowing week?? Gona be behind but rain is always always good for business in the long run. Anyone else feeling behind cause of bad weather in the northeast???

NINER
10-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Its been rainy and wet here off and on for almost a week. We have been dodging rain drops as much as possible the wind has been blowing enough too keep us good. Rained out last friday,partial sat. And was caught back up by monday.

STIHL GUY
10-02-2008, 11:08 PM
just mowed a lawn that hadnt been mowed in 2 1/2 weeks and was wet. it SUCKED

Kennedy Landscaping
10-02-2008, 11:26 PM
We haven't had any rain down here since one day a couple weeks ago the sky decided to dump about 10" in about 2 hours

TLS
10-02-2008, 11:34 PM
It's been wet from rain.

Plus, it's dewey in the morning till almost lunch time.

The grass has a high moisture content right now.

The grass is also thickening up.

Plus, I fertilized 2 weeks ago!

Will make for a fun October. Hopefully it keeps going and temps stay up!

topsites
10-03-2008, 05:44 AM
Yeah...

Usually the way I tackle this bs is I do the maintenance in the morning, that
way I don't arrive at my first customer's yard until about 10 or 11, then I work
until dark (and I mean dark lol).

That extra hour or two of sunlight makes all the difference in the world, it helps
dry out the dew and it's considerably warmer by then, too. The first yard or
two can still be a load of fun but for the most part it's smooth sailing, plus the
evening hours serve me well for picking up extra work because folks start to get
home around 5:30-6 :p

mock
10-03-2008, 11:26 AM
yeah here were I'm at it's been like that all year but it has been a great year for grass here. You just have to put in a few more hours each day but you'll be happy at the end of the season. At least so far I am

shepoutside
10-03-2008, 11:31 AM
yeah here were I'm at it's been like that all year but it has been a great year for grass here. You just have to put in a few more hours each day but you'll be happy at the end of the season. At least so far I am

Same way up here, wettest year in history. Every week has been a wet week :dizzy:

Mike Fronczak
10-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Haven't touched lawns all week. There soaked, combined with the grass is slowing down, bring up tire tracks (in mud) the'll be there the rest of the season. Getting lots of plow bids done though.

corey4671
10-03-2008, 01:16 PM
just the opposite here...biggest account that I mow on Fridays called yesterday to say to skip this week...too dry

TLS
10-03-2008, 05:05 PM
I forgot to bring this up....

How about all the mosquito's (I think thats what they are anyway)!!!