PDA

View Full Version : Trailer basket suggestions

BrookviewLawn
10-02-2008, 04:21 PM
I am in the process of modifying an open trailer, and was wondering how to build the basket for the front. I want to keep 2 gas cans, a spool of trimmer string, a hand blower, and some other assorted items in it. What dimensions do you think would work best (width, length, height). Also, how high above the bed of the trailer should I mount it?

Mowbizz
10-02-2008, 06:43 PM
I am in the process of modifying an open trailer, and was wondering how to build the basket for the front. I want to keep 2 gas cans, a spool of trimmer string, a hand blower, and some other assorted items in it. What dimensions do you think would work best (width, length, height). Also, how high above the bed of the trailer should I mount it?

The Jungle Jim's I have is super. Take a look at it...

http://www.junglejimsap.com/images/high%20angle%20w%20cooler.jpg

deere615
10-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Jest set out the stuff you want to put in it and take some measurements. Measure the hieght of mower/s of how far under they/it will go). Thats what I did and it worked perfect. I just used angle iron and mesh/expanded steel.

dura to the max
10-04-2008, 12:29 AM
mine is 2x2 i believe, and the width of the trailer (6'). i can cary 2 bp blowers, 2 5gal cans, 1 2.5gal can, 1 pruner, 1 chainsaw, trimmer line, 2.5gal roundup concentrate, and misc oil, edger blades, etc...it took some arranging, but i could fit all this and still be somewhat comfortable working out of it.