PDA

View Full Version : HOA likes the way i mow..

Lawn-Sharks
10-02-2008, 05:05 PM
I was finishing up one of my accounts that i have in this Sub-division and a member of the HOA walked up and starting talking to me about how they been watching me (creepy) and how some of the other LCO's that mow there are not complying with their rules??? So the gentlemen asked if it was OK for him to put my info in their news letter as their recommendation for a quality lawn company...:) I said yes and thank you very much! He replied we have had a few problems with some of the other companies not blowing their clipping back into the yards, and we noticed that when you leave a yard it's almost like no one was their, except the yard looks groomed... I thanked the man and got back to work. But i thought i would share this with you because it means a lot to me knowing that other people notice and admire my work.

MileHigh
10-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Impressive I must say, the yard looks like a real nice cut laid down, looks real manicured and very professional.

That must make you feel pretty good.

Maybe he will ask for you to do give him some more bids on other hoa's.

Good Work.

Lawn-Sharks
10-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Thanks! I am going to try to get in on the common grounds, as soon as it come back up for bid.

South Florida Lawns
10-02-2008, 07:07 PM
That has got to be the first striped Florida yard I have seen on here. Looks good, real good!

I have heard St. Aug. can be striped but never knew it could look that good in our area. Great job man.

Lawn-Sharks
10-02-2008, 07:32 PM
That has got to be the first striped Florida yard I have seen on here. Looks good, real good!

I have heard St. Aug. can be striped but never knew it could look that good in our area. Great job man.

Thank you Sir.

LawnPro19
10-02-2008, 08:05 PM
blow clippings back into the yard??? wow customers would freak around here if we blew clippings back into the yard.. but i guess whatever it takes to keep them happy!!

freshprince94
10-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Nice work. I haven't seen Augustine striped like that before.

BTW, most LCOs blow the grass back up on the lawn. It can't even be seen at least when I do it.

tamadrummer
10-02-2008, 08:51 PM
blow clippings back into the yard??? wow customers would freak around here if we blew clippings back into the yard.. but i guess whatever it takes to keep them happy!!

Please don't say you blow your stuff in the road. If you aren't blowing your debris back on the lawn, then what are you doing with it? Do you bag?

Nice job Shark! I can get some decent stripes on Bahia but not on St. Augustine. They just don't stay on the lawn for more than a couple of hours and then they are gone.

dura to the max
10-02-2008, 10:45 PM
if i use my tthp i can leave stripes for about 2 weeks in some st augustine and centipede lawns...cut at about 2-3"...i use the proslide though...it really works great for stripes.

looks good lawn sharks.

LawnPro19
10-02-2008, 10:52 PM
honestly we do mostly blow in the street then pick up or there is usually somewhere to hide the grass but we absolutely never blow back on to a freshly cut lawn... now we do use walkers but still no blowing back onto a fresh lawn i dont even want anyone walking on the grass after it is cut my guys know what needs swinging and detailing so they go ahead of the mower which i usually dont recommend but they been doing it long enough they know where everything is so by the time i roll off of that lawn nothing are no one goes back on it... ill post some action shots so you guys can get an idea

STIHL GUY
10-02-2008, 10:58 PM
wow i just blow back into the lawn and you cant tell. i want to see some of those action pics.

josh1981
10-03-2008, 01:36 AM
looks very good and professional nice job.

when im at my parents house it always looks that good when im done.

Lawn-Sharks
10-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Thanks!:drinkup:

josh1981
10-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks!:drinkup:

no problem man

bakerc8
10-09-2008, 04:21 PM
nice lawn and hope you get that hoa work

Kglenn04
10-09-2008, 08:34 PM

so what do yall do with the clipings

NINER
10-09-2008, 09:09 PM
honestly we do mostly blow in the street then pick up or there is usually somewhere to hide the grass but we absolutely never blow back on to a freshly cut lawn... now we do use walkers but still no blowing back onto a fresh lawn i dont even want anyone walking on the grass after it is cut my guys know what needs swinging and detailing so they go ahead of the mower which i usually dont recommend but they been doing it long enough they know where everything is so by the time i roll off of that lawn nothing are no one goes back on it... ill post some action shots so you guys can get an idea

what about mulch beds or tree rings in the middle of the lawn how ya get that cleaned off without waiting till the mowing is completed. i know what ya mean about not even wanting anyone on the lawn when done or someone to drives right across where you just striped. lets see some action pics.

Lawn-Sharks
10-10-2008, 07:42 AM
so what do yall do with the clipings

The picture i posted has the clipping blown back into the yard. Their hard to see but they are there. Now for the Over grown yards 6" and taller i always suggest to the homeowner that we should bag them $$$ because the excess clipping will not be able to hide in the yard and i leave the decision up to them.

Lawn-Sharks
10-10-2008, 07:46 AM
what about mulch beds or tree rings in the middle of the lawn how ya get that cleaned off without waiting till the mowing is completed. i know what ya mean about not even wanting anyone on the lawn when done or someone to drives right across where you just striped. lets see some action pics.

I mow,line trim,edge & blow. And when I'm blowing off tree rings and mulch beds, i am really careful not to drag me feet and i try to walk with the stripes not against them..

Penscape Landscaping
03-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Looks like fescue but looks good!

watatrp
03-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Looks nice! Wish I were mowing. Still melting snow here.

What's up with the name of the city you are located? That doesn't sound too appealing.

KrayzKajun
03-09-2011, 02:43 PM
wow! nice work. Congrats!

Alpha Property
03-09-2011, 07:23 PM
this is from 2008

Southern Pride
03-09-2011, 07:27 PM
I can't tell you how frustrated I get when I see other LCO's around here blowing clippings into the middle of the street. How could you even feel right paying for that? That. is. amazing.

Original poster, I am just like you. 100% quality. I can tell you take pride in your work. Of course you're supposed to blow your clippings back into the yard, but they're so small you can't tell it's there. It's not like the clippings are heavy and clump in the yard? I blow them right back into the yard where they fall back in between the grass down to the dirt and provide nutrients to the soil. Plus I blow out all my edging cracks to reveal that nice deep tall edge (edge w my superlight redmax upside down, I've perfected it)

When I leave there is not one blade of grass on ANY piece of concrete ANYWHERE or in beds. It makes the lawn look like it was a perfect piece of cut rug.

NOT TRYING TO TAKE ANYTHING FROM YOU OP, just showing others how professionals do things.
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/cleanassz/Mower028.jpg

NEVER, EVER blow clippings, leaves, debris into a street, sidewalk, or into someones else property. You blow it all back into the lawn, and blow all of your edging out so it looks perfect and = QUALITY.

Great job to the OP. I wish I had a HOA bigwig come offer me more business. If I keep it up it will happen eventually

:clapping:

944own
03-09-2011, 10:49 PM
Keep it up your work looks good .......Props

kilgoja
03-09-2011, 10:57 PM
great job!...both of you lol

bobcat48
03-10-2011, 06:47 PM
looks great,very nice looking work.