PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try ULTRA BLADES yet?

Tim's Lawn Care LLC.
10-02-2008, 06:54 PM
I checked out the ULTRA BLADE sponsor and liked what I saw, the cut and discharge effect on what looked like dry turf. I'm thinking about using these for cool season turf w/ a leaf coating for the mulching side of it. Anyone have any experience with using these blades on damp turf and leaves? I would tend to believe that, being damp conditions, may lend itself to clumping and clogging a TRAC-VAC tube. ?

Runner
10-02-2008, 07:20 PM
What are ultra blades? I looked around on the page, and couldn't even find them. Nevermind,..I found them. This place has just become so ridiculously cluttered with stuff that you can't make out one from the other.

Tim's Lawn Care LLC.
10-02-2008, 07:24 PM
....to the left side sponsor bar about 2/3 rds down.

Richard Martin
10-02-2008, 07:48 PM
It's kinda like the Meg-Mo blades. They'll have to give me a set before I'll try them.

Tim's Lawn Care LLC.
10-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Couldn't agree w/ u more Richard. They wanted me to alter my spindles to make those work.

Tim's Lawn Care LLC.
10-02-2008, 08:01 PM
any good camping round where u live?

Scagguy
10-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Couldn't agree w/ u more Richard. They wanted me to alter my spindles to make those work.

There could be some serious liablity issues altering spindles. Sounds to me like you speaking to someone that was a salesman and not an engineer.

02DURAMAX
10-03-2008, 01:33 AM
they cut like TOTAL SH!T..Just look at teh vids

Richard Martin
10-03-2008, 08:48 AM
they cut like TOTAL SH!T..Just look at teh vids

You ever wonder why some people seem to have a lot of trouble with their mowers? Watch the third video. It's a freakin lawn mower dude, not a bush hog. I would also like to see the results of using these blades in the real world.

1: Single pass results through the thick Northeastern - month of May - ryes and fescues.

2: Single pass results through August Bahia.

3: Single pass results through September Transition zone Crabgrass.

Gran Sport
10-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Hey ULTRA CUT guys!!!! Stop showing videos of the blade cutting fields. Take some of them cutting lawns!!

TLS
10-03-2008, 09:10 AM
You would THINK that they would attempt to show their blades actually leaving a decent cut????

Video 1 shows about the WORST cut I've ever seen through that clover/weed field.:rolleyes:

Really bogging down that 24??? hp 54" deck JD.

Didn't watch the other 2 vids. I've seen enough just a few minutes through the first.

Oh gosh, it gets worse with the DC!!! Do they realize they are hurting their sales with these vids?:confused:

Don't you just love the meager 4' of discharge throw!?!

I think they're on to something...:hammerhead:

cpel2004
10-03-2008, 10:58 AM
I was thinking the same exact thing. Non of their videos are shown on manicured lawns the videos are hard to watch. Maybe its a good product, but they need to spend more time on their presentation.