PDA

View Full Version : Need help on purchasing a push mower

rcdaddy
10-02-2008, 08:15 PM
This is my first post. I have been doing lawncare for about 5 years and I want to thank all of you for the advice that I have received from reading these post.
My question is, what is the best push mower for under $700.00 dollars. It will be used on one yard only that is .5 acres with a 25 - 30 degree hill. The mower is not for be for me, it will be for my dad. His Honda finally died after 15 years. I just wanted your guys opinions to tell him so he can make the right choice.
Thanks in advance for you replies.

mississippiturf
10-02-2008, 08:31 PM
What dealers are in your area and that you trust for service work? You might want to consider a Gravely or a high-end residential Honda. Depends on dealer proximity and reputation. $700 maximum almost puts you under getting a good commercial unit.

TheHammer
10-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Snapper makes real good 21 .But it close to you.

rcdaddy
10-03-2008, 12:19 AM
I have a Snapper hi-vac. I havnt had to use it but a few times and it has not impressed me. I dont think its the commercial model though. It was around 600 bucks.

I dont know what dealers have where my dad lives but about 40 minutes away are plenty of dealers for service. I told him about the Exmark 26, but I dont think he wants to put that much money into one. On all my accounts I dont have to use a push mower often, and when I do I take the old lawnboy with me.

He is wanting something of good qaulity that will have a good service life for his yard. I just havnt looked at them in so long that I didnt know what advice to give. So please keep the opinions coming.