PDA

View Full Version : fall clean ups

dwhite2679
10-02-2008, 08:49 PM
i just started this year i live in RI I'm having trouble pricing fall clean ups do i do a flat rate if so how do you figure the pricing or by the hour? is $65 per/hr a good rate there will be 2 of us

lawn crafters
10-02-2008, 09:00 PM
at 65/hr is good for a rookie but most people who have done it for years charge 60/hr per man. if i were you i would do a very good job to try to draw more acconts.

Kennedy Landscaping
10-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Everyone is different on how they price in my opinion. it depends on how much profit you would like to bring in off of this account. I ALWAYS do what lawncrafters mentioned, do as good a job as you possibly can, make it look good and you might score some more accounts. I was doing some work "out north" as we call it here AKA the richest part of town the other day and I had four people come over and talk to me about doing some work for them.

Blunt
10-02-2008, 11:44 PM
I'm trying to get 35 hr and seem to be way over priced but really don't want to work for less.

Matts lawn care
10-03-2008, 10:32 PM
If people are getting scared away by the per hr price bill by the job. So instead of 3hrs at 65 per hr just tell them its 195.

bruno_rs
10-04-2008, 08:33 AM
hey all, just to put in my .02... i learned early on, NEVER let ANY customer know what my per hour rate is. all my jobs are estimated using a dollar range. imo the most important factors, to determine labor rate, are degree of difficulty, cost to offer services and/or how long one plans on paying for equipment, education, materials, etc. purchased to provide said services.

just as in real estate... LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! where you are geographically will also be a HUGE factor re. labor rate and/or what you can and/or need to charge for services provided. it's up to you (individually) to determine what is NEEDED to turn a profit and/or how great that profit will be. if you're in an area where others are charging 50/hr more than likely, you'll have to be somewhere close to that in order to be competitive. HOWEVER if that 50/hr is not enough, for your lco, to sustain a profit either move to an area, which will command a higher rate, or look into another field.

for the novices; don't get into this vocation thinking your gonna turn record profits, right out of the gates! although you have the ability to see a quicker return on your investments than with many other vocations, always keep in mind the 1st few years are the most difficult... if you can get thru the initiation period (3-4 years) it's all good, after that. good luck to you all and hope everyones making $ in this S#!T economy. have a good one.

ha305
10-12-2008, 08:20 PM
hourly rate per man, per hour.... you have to figure out what will make you money and how much your costs are to operate. Everyone is different. Charging a fixed rate doing leaves in my experience is alright. You can make money but if there is other factors like a heavy wind or wet leaves you can get crushed. Just my opinion.

ExecutiveLawns
10-13-2008, 08:00 PM
If people are getting scared away by the per hr price bill by the job. So instead of 3hrs at 65 per hr just tell them its 195.

This is what we do but you have to read the person while you are talking to them to see if they are someone that you might scare off with a hourly rate. However i tell our customers that we charge an hourly rate for that if we clean up the leaves once it could take 6 hours for example and if we do it twice through the fall it could take 3 hours each time. ultimately you will have the same amount of leaves but your lawn will look nicer having it done over a couple times.