PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated WB Leaf vacuum vs. Quick36 with Accelerator catcher?

Exact Rototilling
10-02-2008, 11:53 PM
Any Input?

Going Commercial
10-03-2008, 12:48 AM
Most guys tell me not to buy a vac because they are not fast enough for leaves. They can't cover enough area efficiently. I like the vac idea for picking up after trimming shrubs though. I used a little wonder last week and was impressed with its power but would look at the mv650sph because of the Honda engine. Was quoted about $2000

Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries
10-03-2008, 11:20 AM
They both have their pros and cons. It depends on your application. Shrub trimming clean up is a breeze for the MV or KV series. The hose kit allows you to do some things you can only do with a vacuum. You can also use WB vacuums to clean up on hard surface applications where you wouldn't dream of using a mower. However, you can't mow a lawn with a MV or KV Vacuum.

Don't forget the MV can come Self-propelled versus the other vacuum you mentioned. When you consider the weight of the respective units, on hillsides or with a full bag this can be very important especially at the end of the day.

Let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.

ProMo
10-04-2008, 10:51 AM
I gave up on my kv vac it is just to much trouble emptying the bag. I was using it on a parking lot with a lot of oak trees and trying to empty even the new bag style is a pita. It would work if I was emptying it on the ground but im trying to put it in a dumpster and eat about 1/2 of it. If I could hook up a rubbermade garbage can and fill it instead of a bag I would be much happier and probably use it again, but its actually faster using a rake and can verses tring to emty the bag.

10-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Pro Mo,

I'm sorry for your troubles. Trying to empty a bag into a dumpster automatically puts the debris at chest level. That's no picnic. When I do it into a dumpster I turn the two clasps once it's over the edge of the dumpster otherwise I end up spilling the debris or eating it. The clasps are faster and better than the zippers we used to use and except for the MV bag system the best that's out there.

I'll take a KV over a rake any day though, as rakes leave small stuff. Unless you use a blower to clean the area. If you do that there's no time savings and the small stuff is scattered and waiting for a gust of wind to put it back on the area you just cleaned.

ProMo
10-06-2008, 02:23 PM
The new bag is better but there is room for improvement. Hopefully you can somehow improve on it some more in the future.

10-07-2008, 10:45 AM
I'm all ears. How would you want improve it?

Jay Ray
10-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Ordinarily a side bagger is much faster. But I do leaves for some customers once a week all fall and winter. When it is windy and they do not want leaves or shreddings in the pool, the Billy Goat can't be beat. Also great for the hard surface around the pool.

And when the ground is too soggy for the weight of a mower to use for leaves, even a wb, my kid goat kd512 will not rut the lawn. And it leaves no mess and nothing flying through the air but minimal fine dust.

I was inexperienced and bought the kd in 2004 as a primary leaf machine. Thought it was my bad mistake. But it is great to have it in the arsenal when needed.

If I used it more would invest in a self-propelled goat, but the kid has been very reliable by just doing the periodic maintenance and am very happy with it.

My wife has repaired the straps on the bag a couple of times.

ProMo
10-13-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm all ears. How would you want improve it?

A hard plastic liner with lots of holes for airflow inside of cloth filter would probably make it easier to dump. The new cloth one I have is about to start ripping at the bottom but I used it this weekend to see If I could come up with anything. Definitely beats a rake until trying to dump it.

IcutgrASS1
10-16-2008, 02:10 AM
save a couple grand and look for a used turf sweeper in the middle of summer next year, those machines are the most important pieces of equipment i own, i send out 2 turf sweepers in the spring and fall time just for picking up leaves and they are amazing, drive around and sweep up everything!! olathe 48HL best machine ever made!!!