PDA

View Full Version : Customer gave me a saw

slawn
10-02-2008, 11:05 PM
I was trimming shrubs for one of my regular customers today. He came out and asked me to come in his garage. He gave me a stihl chainsaw.:cool2: Its a small saw just right for limbing. I used it at the next job to cut some pecan limbs off. Pulled it 3 times and it fired right up. He also gave me a new chain for it, 3 new files and a new file guide. :dancing: He said he would never need it again and I was a good guy:dizzy: and he wanted to give it to me! Why can't all customers be like this?

newz7151
10-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Why can't all customers be like this?

because then you'd have more crap than you'd know what to do with.

Baseballman387
10-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Maybe the customer likes you. He probably gave you the chainsaw as a thank-you present. :laugh:

Maybe you should have checked the condition of the chainsaw before you took it home.

That's probably the same chainsaw my brother have.

jiggz
10-02-2008, 11:10 PM
did you charge him for the cut??.. yea man i looove when my customers do this, it makes you feel so good.. last year i had a guy give me a craftsman push mower.. lol cant really use it but i keep it as a trim backup.. you scored

STIHL GUY
10-02-2008, 11:16 PM
wow thats sweet. my friend hasa garage full of equipment that was given to him by customers

N.TX
10-03-2008, 04:44 AM
Ya ... when customers do something like that for me ... and it is something decent and not a run down piece then i will still charge them for the cut but i will throw something in free like shrub trimming or something like that.

Big C
10-03-2008, 06:28 AM
Hell....my customers have a hard enough time paying me what they owe me....let alone giving me stuff out of the blue....That sh!t will never happen to me!!!

mock
10-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Yeah be graetful for that saw customer like that are hard to come by I had A customer give me a fert. and seed spreader and it was a nice one beter than the one I already had it work great and I did the same as N. TX did give them a braek or do someting back for them its kindof like a circle! it might happen agin some day you never know.

deere615
10-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Thats sweet, I actually had a new customer at the begining of this year give me an almost brand new toro 21 inch mower. Haven't used it much but it was really nice of him

mississippiturf
10-03-2008, 07:56 PM
I've been pretty lucky with some of my customers this year. Here is a list of some of the stuff customers have given me this year:
Two 21" self-propelled mowers (Toro & Murray)
Commercial air compressor
Pears, tomatoes, & figs
12-drawer Craftsman roll-a-round tool box full of tools for $100.00
Couple of hundred bucks in tips
Electric sander
27" television!!

Life is good

DaughtryLC
10-03-2008, 10:33 PM
I sure do like those TIPS!!:rolleyes::dancing::clapping:payup

Lbilawncare
10-04-2008, 12:05 AM
So far this year:

John Deere push mower
2 Water Pumps, 4.5hp and 5.5hp
Sandblaster
Thermo-Dynamics Plasma Cutter ( $1500 new ) only needed a new tip

A few years ago we were given a one year old Boss 7.5 Straight Plow in exchange for plowing this guys 20ft long driveway, it snowed 4times that season and he moved, never to be heard from again.

I think some people have more money than brains sometimes, or they just don't want to take the time to sell things.

supercuts
10-04-2008, 08:25 AM
Maybe the customer likes you. He probably gave you the chainsaw as a thank-you present. :laugh:

Maybe you should have checked the condition of the chainsaw before you took it home.

That's probably the same chainsaw my brother have.

what? "He probably gave you the chainsaw as a thank you", ya think??

"That's probably the same chainsaw my brother have" wow, its times like this im glad i went to college, scratch that, middle school! its also times like this i realize no matter how professional and reliable my service is, there will always be someone to low ball my prices and steal work until they fail and hopefully the customer will come back.