PDA

View Full Version : Heated hand grips for ztrs

exmark 1
10-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Has any one heard of heated hand grips for ztrs

Big C
10-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Down here if it's that damn cold....that means it's winter...and there's no reason to be cutting grass no way

exmark 1
10-03-2008, 02:04 PM
i am talking like right on the cold fall days

mngrassguy
10-03-2008, 02:15 PM
I felt your pain this morning too. Heated seat and foot rest would be nice also. I have them on my snowmobile? Wait, this dang thing already costs me enough....never mind. I'll just dress like I do when I go ice fishing.

Scagguy
10-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Might be possible. Check with a BMW motorcycle dealer. I had a K1200LT a couple of years ago. It had heated grips and seats. Maybe there is a way to improvise.

FDuce
10-03-2008, 02:36 PM
You could just buy a generic set and put them on. Or you could get those mitten looking things that you put over the handle bars and put your hands into.

02DURAMAX
10-03-2008, 04:44 PM
No need for that!

All thet would do is add to the already Expensive Mowers!!!

pflasch
10-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Hey guys and gals,
This is a simple thing!

http://cozywinters.com/shop/heated-motorcycle-seat.html

The issue will be the alternator on most small engines don't have enough output to power these things!

Ideas???

ixlr8
10-03-2008, 07:52 PM
I suspect the alternator won't be enough to handle these either... but worth a look.

http://www.gerbing.com/

I have the jacket and gloves for riding my motorcycle in cold weather. Kept me warm one morning when I got up and found frost on the seat!! :eek:

Come to think about it... My snowblower has heated handle grips, runs off the alternator... maybe those would work for you?

G.M.Landscaping
10-03-2008, 07:55 PM
I was thinking of this also over the last few cold days for my W/B's. I thought about the heated grips that they make for quads. Not to expensive either. I'm not sure how good they would work since the grip is covered by the safety lever and your holding on to the pistol grip lever. Might not give enough heat, but have never used them.

When I wear gloves, they seem to make my hands really sore using the pistol grips. Maybe it's just me?

I also thought about the covers that go over the ATV handle bars.