PDA

View Full Version : CAD Software

oceanpotion
10-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Hey guys, just curious about programs for drafting designs. Im currently taking introduction to landscape architecture/design and it is a great class. Next semester they offer a Comp-Aid-Design course and I believe the software they are using is LandCAD. I looked at the price and it is ridiculous. Of course, the amount of money people are willing to pay for their plans is excellent but I just cant help to wonder if there is a CAD program that is more economic. Im not looking for anything with all the bells and whistles, I just want something for the entry level designer to experiment with.

waltero
10-05-2008, 03:30 AM
If you do a search for Dynascape, you will find that I have a copy for sale. You can pm me if you want. It is a great deal and read what everyone else has to say about Dynascape. You can be up and running with great design software for only $300.00. Let me know if you are interested.

Shane472
10-05-2008, 06:03 PM
If you're a student you may be able to get Dynascape cheaper. One of my courses this semester is Landscape Drafting & CAD and we were able to buy the student edition for around $150 after taxes and shipping. We just had to get a special order form, have our teacher sign it and then fax it in to them. I'd look into that before spending $300 on it.

TreePro
10-22-2008, 01:47 PM
waltero, what version of DynaScape is it? Is it just the design or does it include color, quote, and/or manage software?

Let me know, I am interested. Thanks.

Casey21
10-22-2008, 07:55 PM
I use Dynascape also. And for that price it shouldnt matter if you just want to get started(unless you can get it new for cheaper). Its easy to learn. The whole bundle new is like 3000.00. If you want to produce plans I would jump all over that.

Or... Go to www.ideaspectrum.com and get the architect version. But I like Dynascape better. You get what you pay for.

TreePro
10-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Casey21,

I am currently using Punch Softwares Version called Master Landscape Pro. The 3D rendering is really the only reason I am using it. It has a ton of plants, materials, and textures, etc. But the 2D CAD input is a lot harder than it should be. I like the CAD look of DYNAscapes way more than anything I have seen yet, but it doesn't have the 3D rendering.

Have you used the ideaspectrum version? How has the dynascapes worked out for you so far? Does nobody seem to mind they can't get a 3D image?

Casey21
10-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Treepro,

I have messed around with Ideaspectrum's CAD a little. Its not bad but the way I see it is I am proficient with dynascape so why learn something else? Also Dynascape color and the quote software are really nice features that I wont part with.

Ideaspectrum is a great software for the money. I use it for photo rendered design, (And I dont do those that often) also its 3D program is easy to use also.

Dynascape is currently working on an update that will let you import your drawings in to Google SketchUp. This allowing you to make some nice 3D drawings. You import the drawing and start pushing and pulling. It should be pretty slick when that is updated, I cant wait for that . If it is less time consuming then I will do more 3D presentations at that point.

I like 3D but right now its just another step to add to the design process. And I'm sure we all can agree that Time is what? MONEY!!!

Vogavt
11-14-2008, 10:39 PM
Walter, what version of DynaScape is it?

Have you sold it already?

Let me know, I am interested. Thanks.

waltero
12-15-2008, 10:43 PM
I do still have Dynascape for sale. It is the Paving Edition, and that just means that it is set up for working with hardscapes. Very good value for what you get. I will try to check back often if anyone has a question.

Walter

Tree of Life
02-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Walter,

We have been looking at this software for two years now. Haven't gotten yet, but we would like to get it. Do you still have the software? What year did you buy and do you have the coloring software with it? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Greg

jlouki01
02-28-2010, 11:57 PM
I just picked up Idea Spectrum Realtime Landscape Arch. I do all my drawings by hand and have tried Pro Landscape, Earthscapes and Dynascape a long time ago. I am still shocked I just paid 250.00 for this software and it does everything I want it to do. 3d.. 2d plan view etc. I found it on accident looking for some sample landscape plans for some website art.

They are the only company that offers a working demo not just a movie they send to you on cd.