PDA

View Full Version : Took the Toro Grandstand out for a ride .

TNT LawnCare Inc.
10-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Dealer had the Toro Grandstand in and we went to take it for a spin. Had the 19 hp Kawi on it 52 inch Turboforce deck. You can get up to a 23 HP. Kawi. The platform you stand-on was very comfortable and moved with you kinda like a suspension seat.

The controls werent to bad ,didnt like the safety feature on the right control leaver it .When it comes up the mower blades and mower power down. Has the rapid height feature kinda like Wrights.

It does have a separate hydro wheal Speed control for rookies learning how to use Stand on mowers. This leaver is not the throttle Leaver :laugh:

So far it will only Come in a 48 or 52 inch Ride. Oh and he didnt have a price yet :laugh: .

I wasnt really Impressed Toro, Sorry , I'll Stick with My Wrights ! :waving:

LawnMowerKing10
10-03-2008, 10:55 PM
any pics tnt lawn care?

TNT LawnCare Inc.
10-03-2008, 11:00 PM
any pics tnt lawn care?

No i didnt take any pics, he'll be back in 2 weeks with t he mower to set-up a real demo for us to try it on some hills. Ican take some pics then if you like.

Kennedy Landscaping
10-03-2008, 11:10 PM
That would be great. We've heard alot about this machine but haven't really saw the work it can do

Supertiger
10-04-2008, 12:04 AM
I thought Wright had a Patent on the standing position for a stand on mower? This new mower plainly shows that the operator can stand behind the drive axles and this is what i thought was patented by Wright mfg. This looks like i might be just as good as the Wright standon now that they copied the driver position.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
10-04-2008, 12:46 AM
[QUOTE=Supertiger;2540599]I thought Wright had a Patent on the standing position for a stand on mower? This new mower plainly shows that the operator can stand behind the drive axles and this is what i thought was patented by Wright mfg. This looks like i might be just as good as the Wright standon now that they copied the driver position.[/QUOT

Yea ,your wright about were you stand,we were way behind the drive tires,wrights Patented is between the tires i beleive. The operator is placed in a different position on each machine. Also i forgot to mention Toros Stand-on machine also has an adjustable drive wheel axle on the 52 you can move the tires in or out on the axle frame for a wider footprint or narrower.

dura to the max
10-04-2008, 12:50 AM
i believe tnt is correct on the patent concerning wright mowers.

Lbilawncare
10-04-2008, 12:56 AM
Does it have the T2 Controls? I have grown to love them on my 40" Hydro. Took a little getting used to ( the right side that disengages the blades ) but easy to use now.

02DURAMAX
10-04-2008, 04:43 AM
i believe tnt is correct on the patent concerning wright mowers.

yes he is!

TNT LawnCare Inc.
10-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Does it have the T2 Controls? I have grown to love them on my 40" Hydro. Took a little getting used to ( the right side that disengages the blades ) but easy to use now.

Yes it does Bill ,it took us a little while to get used to it.

JimQ
10-06-2008, 11:18 AM
For those who might be interested....

Q

GPDesign1
10-06-2008, 04:55 PM
JimQ:

I would imagine this is the first time in the history of the U.S. Patent Office that the phrase "pop wheelies" has ever been used in a formal legal document... :laugh:

Would have been much classier if they'd said something like:

"To prevent a sudden and unintended verticle rotation of the chassis and the abrupt and consequent loss of tractive adhesion of one or more the front wheels of said chassis due to the rapid and inverse torque reaction about the transverse axis of the aforementioned driving axle". or something along those lines...

Maybe they'll include that language in their (sure to be forthcoming) 27th? (derivitive) Stander Patent. :dizzy:

Regards,

gp

Wright Mfg
10-06-2008, 05:22 PM
JimQ:

I would imagine this is the first time in the history..........

We like being the first (and trend setters) :dancing:

JV

Richard Martin
10-06-2008, 08:16 PM

JV

It's also direct and to the point.:)

taxesblow
11-16-2008, 12:56 AM
Here is a video of the Grandstand.

http://www.toro.com/professional/lce/stand_on/micro/videos.html

I saw one at the dealer that was not for sale and thus no price. Got to ride it, but only for a few minutes, would need some more time on it to make a good judgment about it, but what I saw I liked. The suspension platform is pretty cool just because it's big, giving some foot room. I wish there had been some steep hills around to test it on.

Frue
11-16-2008, 10:02 AM

JV

I have to give you guys credit, you must be making a killing, for all guys to come out with standers. Feal sorry for the piece of the pie that will be shrinking because of it tho. Hope you guys are structured right to handle this. I think Toro is going to give you a bit of a run due to cut quality!!

Great job wright for being first and blazing the trail. Often times people dont give credit to those who went before them and blazed the trail for the new guys... Because of all the copy cats I may just demo your zk. i have demoed the smaller stuff but not the zk.

Here is what I want to do get the zk and the grand stand on the same lawn and go at it. Speed, cut qulity, hillside stabiliity the whole nine. I am going to try to make this happen!