PDA

View Full Version : 785 Landscaping

tstutz
10-03-2008, 11:20 PM
here are some pictures i have had on a camera for a while now thought i migth as well post them. i am fourteen, freshman in high school, i work on our family farm and mow 12 weekley accounts. i have my farm permit and bought myself a little 92 sonoma about 5 months ago. i am looking for a nice ztr or stand on for next season. Please comment. some pics might not be the best quality.

Green Team Landscaping
10-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Another kid! Good luck with your biz. How far do you want to take landscaping? Like as a full time job, on the side, etc? I sure wish they would let 14 year olds drive around here. Even just for work. That would be cool too.

tstutz
10-03-2008, 11:44 PM
Another kid! Good luck with your biz. How far do you want to take landscaping? Like as a full time job, on the side, etc? I sure wish they would let 14 year olds drive around here. Even just for work. That would be cool too.

i want to landscape the rest of my life. i would love to expand my business and make landscaping my career. that would be a dream come true.

zim bob the landscaper
10-03-2008, 11:57 PM
looks like a good start. good luck!!!

02DURAMAX
10-04-2008, 12:51 AM

At 14?!?!?!........That would not be good!!!

tstutz
10-04-2008, 01:08 AM

hey i understand i wouldnt want the typical everyday 14 year old to be driving either. but i grew up on a farm and still work on our farm. driving tractors, atvs, and vechicles was part of the job.

Green Team Landscaping
10-04-2008, 03:01 PM
i want to landscape the rest of my life. i would love to expand my business and make landscaping my career. that would be a dream come true.
Good luck. If you just stay with it and put a good name out there for yourself then things will happen. Good things.

Green Team Landscaping
10-04-2008, 03:07 PM
I have been driving since I was about 5 or 6. We have a timeshare on Nantucket Island, and you can drive on the beach there, so when we would go fishing in the morning my dad would let me drive on his lap(I only got to use the steering wheel, he did the gas). And on the beack there are like premade ruts so you dont get stuck trying to makeyour own, and it was basically the same thing that you see at the amusement parks with the gikarts when they're on the steel tracks, so even if you wanted to, you couldnt drive the car off of the track, same thing as that, but with a car, and you can go over lanes. And from there(10 years later) I can drive on the road with my dad in the car. Illegally of course, but seeing the cops around here is a fairly rare occurrence. Not to jack this kids thread, but I truly believe that kids should be able to drive legally at a younger age than legally required(obviously older than 13), as long as they go through the same test, even harder if they want, as long as they've had practice, and will be using it to do good for the town such as landscaping and stuff.

81Bronk36
10-04-2008, 07:46 PM
I have been driving since I was about 5 or 6. We have a timeshare on Nantucket Island, and you can drive on the beach there, so when we would go fishing in the morning my dad would let me drive on his lap(I only got to use the steering wheel, he did the gas). And on the beack there are like premade ruts so you dont get stuck trying to makeyour own, and it was basically the same thing that you see at the amusement parks with the gikarts when they're on the steel tracks, so even if you wanted to, you couldnt drive the car off of the track, same thing as that, but with a car, and you can go over lanes. And from there(10 years later) I can drive on the road with my dad in the car. Illegally of course, but seeing the cops around here is a fairly rare occurrence. Not to jack this kids thread, but I truly believe that kids should be able to drive legally at a younger age than legally required(obviously older than 13), as long as they go through the same test, even harder if they want, as long as they've had practice, and will be using it to do good for the town such as landscaping and stuff.
Thats how I learned.... Not to far from there either. My little brother somehow managed to pop our izuzu trooper out of the tracks and practically chase some people up the dunes before my dad stopped:laugh:

Supper Grassy
10-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Nice Pics

if you dont mind me asking what did the truck set you back

Green Team Landscaping
10-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Hahahahaha. Wow.

tstutz
10-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Nice Pics

if you dont mind me asking what did the truck set you back

Thanks. no i dont mind it was $3500. New engine in er with 80,000 miles on it. automatic start. new pioneer radio. and ice cold ac. pretty nice for a first truck. also im proud to say that i was able to pay for it on my own. no loans. nothing.

KCfireman
10-05-2008, 09:31 PM
.....Sooooo did you convince your father to attend firefighting saturday???

tstutz
10-06-2008, 12:14 AM
.....Sooooo did you convince your father to attend firefighting saturday???

not a chance hes leaving. i just got back from helping him move equiptment and its 10:15. hes still got a couple hours left tonight. theres no way he will be able to take off a weekend.

KCfireman
10-06-2008, 12:16 AM
not a chance hes leaving. i just got back from helping him move equiptment and its 10:15. hes still got a couple hours left tonight. theres no way he will be able to take off a weekend.you guys have a successful crop this year? How many acres are you harvesting?

Kennedy Landscaping
10-06-2008, 12:21 AM
Looks like a good starter truck. I would get rid of the plastic box though soon, looks like its starting to bow. Diamond Plate looks pretty neat too. Still a good set up though. Keep working hard and good luck!
Austin

tstutz
10-06-2008, 12:54 AM
you guys have a successful crop this year? How many acres are you harvesting?

ya we had an awesome year. we had an 80 acre dryland feild the other day make 257 bushels an acre. we got around 800 acres. 500 corn the rest soybeans. great year so far. we run a 1999 9500 john deere which is a beast. like cutting butter with an 8 row head on her.

tstutz
10-06-2008, 12:56 AM
Looks like a good starter truck. I would get rid of the plastic box though soon, looks like its starting to bow. Diamond Plate looks pretty neat too. Still a good set up though. Keep working hard and good luck!
Austin

ya it kinda does bow but the box is made for the truck. diamond plate would be nice but im gonna go ahead and save this year. prolly get another puma air compressor or another honda power washer

DaughtryLC
10-06-2008, 03:26 AM
Enjoy Being a Teenager While YOU still Can!!

tstutz
10-06-2008, 11:24 PM
haha great tip. i will but i wanna make some money while i have few bills to pay. dont worry im enjoying it. i play on the high school football team. its a nice break when im mowing, just peaceful and relaxing.

Kennedy Landscaping
10-06-2008, 11:29 PM
My parents always tell me not to work so much and enjoy being a kid. I love to work, I can't stand to be that kid that sits around the house and plays video games from the time school gets out until bed time. I didn't pay cash for all of my equipment from playing games. I got it working hard, I think more kids should be like me lol. IMO if you're on LS instead of playing video games atleast your TRYING to learn something that could make you succesful
Just my 02

Kglenn04
10-07-2008, 12:16 AM
big up to all of the young one on this web site making it happen

tstutz
10-07-2008, 12:24 AM
My parents always tell me not to work so much and enjoy being a kid. I love to work, I can't stand to be that kid that sits around the house and plays video games from the time school gets out until bed time. I didn't pay cash for all of my equipment from playing games. I got it working hard, I think more kids should be like me lol. IMO if you're on LS instead of playing video games atleast your TRYING to learn something that could make you succesful
Just my 02

ya do your friends laugh at you when you say you accually enjoy mowing yards? i have to say it is sometimes hard to tell your friends no i cant come i got to mow. but then you think about the money you will be earning and the trouble you are staying out of. its just great! but ya i wish there were more kids at my school that like mowing and have a good work ethic but theres not many more than me. do you know where wamego is lawn freak? i live close to it. thats were most my accounts are.

Kennedy Landscaping
10-07-2008, 12:30 AM
Not really sure where it is. I get some funny looks when I pull out my laptop at school and get on LS. Just not too many kids like to work hard. Maybe when I turn 16 I might drive out and stop in. I would like to work with other landscapers like Red Max Man does, but there aren't any close to me here on LS to talk to

FinerCutslawnCare
10-07-2008, 06:13 PM
My friends use to laugh at me my freshman year all the way until my junior year. This year they haven't said a word, except asking me to hire them! People will soon realize that they are jelous that you have something going good for you at your age. You will get alot of respect from them in the future and alot will probably look back and wish they did the same thing. Becuase in a couple years if you keep ur name clean and do good work I can almost promise you you will be farther and more well off in life than they are!

Green Team Landscaping
10-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Word. Couldn't have said that better. And it's great when your friends see the other friends that worked for you and they made some good $ for the time worked nd then they want part of your business(working, not owning of course)

slamjamrockinman
10-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Ya all my friends laugh at me and doubt me. They try to tell me that they make more money being a caddy. I get even more heat when I say I actual enjoy the work I do. I just laugh!

Junior M
10-07-2008, 06:42 PM
I get some funny looks when I pull out my laptop at school and get on LS.

Same here! All my friends and some upper classmen in my classes are like wtf are you doing? Man you must really love tractors to be on there all the time! I am always like yeah well its what I love to do!

Green Team Landscaping
10-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Same here! All my friends and some upper classmen in my classes are like wtf are you doing? Man you must really love tractors to be on there all the time! I am always like yeah well its what I love to do!
Lol another Lawnsite ADDICT!

Kglenn04
10-07-2008, 08:32 PM
true I just brought my first blower Red Max and I told my buddy about the deal I got he said sorry I don’t have Kglenn money yet.... understand now sure I’m 22 and a lot of you are much younger but the principle is still the same im proud of your guys