PDA

View Full Version : leaf rake

JTS Landscaping lawn
10-04-2008, 02:06 PM
was thinking of getting one the leaf rakes for from of my z master wondering if they work pretty good or not.

dura to the max
10-04-2008, 04:40 PM
never used one but have heard on this site that they work wonders.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
10-04-2008, 09:00 PM
If you have lots of leaves,and the property is deep. The leaf plow is worth it just plow them to the front of the yard,tarp them or suck them up with the Loader.

mlyons1
10-04-2008, 09:22 PM
what do you with the leaves if you don"t have anywhere to dump them on their property?

P.Services
10-04-2008, 09:31 PM
what do you with the leaves if you don"t have anywhere to dump them on their property?

i usually call a day ahead to get a burn permit and then we burn them on site. i prefer to burn them on top of the drive way because clean up after is easier.

newlymowedlawns
10-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Yes they work very good. I have one I will sell you for 150.00 if you pay the shipping from N.C.. Will take a pict of it if you would like to see it. In great shape. I have two. Doesnt come with the mount for the mower. Lemme know. Thanks!!!

Kennedy Landscaping
10-05-2008, 12:04 AM
i usually call a day ahead to get a burn permit and then we burn them on site. i prefer to burn them on top of the drive way because clean up after is easier.

Are you serious?!?

newlymowedlawns
10-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Yea, I can t ake a pict tomorrow. I know it may be worth more than that. Its in good shape. Everything is only worth what people are actually willing to pay. I dont know how much it would be to buy a box and ship it.

JTS Landscaping lawn
10-05-2008, 05:39 PM
if you get couple pics of it id pay shipping what you think shipping would run to 49428 michigan

newlymowedlawns
10-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Ok I went to jrco website and it said the shipping weight is 70. Then I went to UPS.com and calculated it to 49428 at 75 lbs to cover box weight. It was around 48.00. I didnt get a chance to take a pict of it but I will tomorrow definately. Hopefully it will be less than that to ship. We have a UPS terminal not too far from my house. Thought about going out there and taking a pict in the dark. I guess I can try. I will see if the picts turn out.

markahurley
10-05-2008, 10:53 PM
if you still have one for sale, i'll take it and pay cash. i'm in sc--pm me if we can work something out.

newlymowedlawns
10-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Here are some picts of it in the dark. It is a lil dusty from sitting under the building. Hopefully you can see it good enough. I think it is only fair to give JTS Landscaping first dibs. Since he opened the thread to start this discussion.If not you are more than wecome to buy it. Thanks

Newly

Puddle of Oil
10-06-2008, 02:01 PM
those things are alot heavier then they look! just got mine for 550 including the mount and shipping. pricey little big things, NEWLYMOWEDLAWNS, was it worth the price when u bought it? I hope mine pays for it self this year!

newlymowedlawns
10-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Yea they work great. Yes it it worth the price. I have two. Got a blower buggy for the second mower. That is the only reason I am going to sell this one

abcfamily
10-06-2008, 08:29 PM
I think it is only fair to give JTS Landscaping first dibs. Since he opened the thread to start this discussion.If not you are more than wecome to buy it. Thanks
Newly

I throw my name in 3rd place to purchase if your other two offers back out!:usflag:

GreenAcresLC
10-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Just a question about these rakes...about how high off the ground do you have to run the teeth to do a good job. I've been working on building one in my shop while I've had spare time, but I'm really unsure on how high to run the thing. Too high, the leaves will just pass under, too low, the tines will dig in uneven terrain. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

02DURAMAX
10-07-2008, 04:20 AM
Here are some picts of it in the dark. It is a lil dusty from sitting under the building. Hopefully you can see it good enough. I think it is only fair to give JTS Landscaping first dibs. Since he opened the thread to start this discussion.If not you are more than wecome to buy it. Thanks

Newly

Those are nice rakes!

newlymowedlawns
10-08-2008, 10:37 PM
Still up for grabs. No one claimed it yet. Will ship if you pay shipping. $150.00

newlymowedlawns
10-09-2008, 09:07 PM
ABCfamily is going to buy it. Everyone else missed out on a deal. LOL Just kidding. Thanks!!

willretire@40
10-11-2008, 10:15 PM
did he buy the leaf plow

newlymowedlawns
10-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Yes He did. I am going to ship out on Monday. Thanks

Newly

newlymowedlawns
10-20-2008, 08:37 PM
Well haven't had a chance to sigh back on in a while but the leaf plow is still up for sale. ABCFam didnt want to buy it after I took it to ups and they said 125.00 to ship. Cant blame him that is crazy. That was to ship from nc to ohio. Ridiculous. Anyway it is still up for grabs. 150.00 and you pay shipping. I am going to put it on Craigslist here in NC

Thanks

topsites
10-20-2008, 08:44 PM
Well haven't had a chance to sigh back on in a while but the leaf plow is still up for sale. ABCFam didnt want to buy it after I took it to ups and they said 125.00 to ship. Cant blame him that is crazy. That was to ship from nc to ohio. Ridiculous. Anyway it is still up for grabs. 150.00 and you pay shipping. I am going to put it on Craigslist here in NC

Thanks

Yup, I just got into it with Ebay over their idiotic 'warnings' concerning customer sensitivity towards shipping costs....

SOB I was trying to sell a Br-550 and Ebay kept warning me my shipping cost on this 25 pound 2x2x2(foot) unit was too high
and I kept lowering it until finally it stopped warning me at the 13 or maybe it was 15 dollar level.

What a bunch of BS, just for example to ship a blower from VA to FL costs well over $100!
Granted, the freight itself is 'only' $75 but I still need a big box and cushioning stuff...
And yes that would've brought the total cost to $300 but then they DO cost well over $400 new!

It was hardly used one season, I ain't even getting into the demands the buyers were making LOL

Best bet is to sell it local, thou after I got through last year's "offers" on my stuff I had that was clearly listed as "Firm price"
I was so angry over that and the Ebay garbage I ended up giving my blower to someone who appreciates it, someone I know.

And in the future I will continue to donate my used equipment thusly and all the folks who think they can find a "I bought it but
used it once and didn't really want it so I put it up" and it's almost new $450 piece of equipment for like half price can just suck it up.

newlymowedlawns
10-25-2008, 11:04 PM
My leaf plow was SOLD. Thanks

Newly

D Fricks
10-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Ive got a Jrco Leaf plow I have for sale in North Georgia any one who wants to come and pick it up I have the attachment bar that was on a Exmark Lazer HP Only used 2 times looks brand new.

G.M.Landscaping
10-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Yup, I just got into it with Ebay over their idiotic 'warnings' concerning customer sensitivity towards shipping costs....

SOB I was trying to sell a Br-550 and Ebay kept warning me my shipping cost on this 25 pound 2x2x2(foot) unit was too high
and I kept lowering it until finally it stopped warning me at the 13 or maybe it was 15 dollar level.

What a bunch of BS, just for example to ship a blower from VA to FL costs well over $100!
Granted, the freight itself is 'only' $75 but I still need a big box and cushioning stuff...
And yes that would've brought the total cost to $300 but then they DO cost well over $400 new!

It was hardly used one season, I ain't even getting into the demands the buyers were making LOL

Best bet is to sell it local, thou after I got through last year's "offers" on my stuff I had that was clearly listed as "Firm price"
I was so angry over that and the Ebay garbage I ended up giving my blower to someone who appreciates it, someone I know.

And in the future I will continue to donate my used equipment thusly and all the folks who think they can find a "I bought it but
used it once and didn't really want it so I put it up" and it's almost new $450 piece of equipment for like half price can just suck it up.

I just sold a cd disc(Microsoft office 2007) on Ebay. Ups charged me $9.75 to ship it ground . Took 2 days to ship and it only weighed .85Lb. What a joke.

Netflix sends dvd's everyday to people, and I'm sure it doesn't cost them $10

Going to use the post office more often.

naughty62
10-30-2008, 08:04 PM
We mounted a 4ft. wire tine rake on the front of a zd21 .We robbed a ele/hyd cylinder from a 5foot snow blower. the cylinder that raises and lowers the discharge shoot .Had a shop make bolt on brackets to mount the ele. cylinder . removed the manual lift handle that came with the rake .works great and lasts us about to seasons .till the tines are wore down to a nub .But ,we only use it in the the spring after the wet leaves have been matted down by snow cover .

MOW ED
10-31-2008, 07:22 AM
I am not disagreeing that shipping costs are high but in one way I can understand why. We run mowers and pickups and B1tch about fuel, maintenance, insurance on and on. I know UPS and Fed Ex are doing volume but their balance sheets have to be crazy because of fuel prices. Someone pays and yes its us. Just like my customers pay because I have to fuel up.

I think it suks too because e-bay was pretty good in the past but Craigslist is the way I am going from now on. No packing and my money is in hand.

I have a leaf plow too in reserve. I used it one season and changed mode of operation. I mulch most leaves into dust but if I have a property that I can plow then I have it ready. I run mine on a Toro WB. Its not for every property but it has its uses.

Hers is an old picture, more efficient now especially in the air movement category.