PDA

View Full Version : leaf set up

JTS Landscaping lawn
10-04-2008, 02:10 PM
does anyone one have pics of there leaf clean up set ups.

MysticLandscape
10-04-2008, 02:57 PM
last year, this year its gunna be my truck and trailer, but still my leaf box.

ProCut_48
10-04-2008, 03:14 PM
hey post that vid when u plowed the leaf pile in the last pic.

MysticLandscape
10-04-2008, 06:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBwYTNvNd4o

Petr51488
10-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Mystic, with those leaves around your truck, about how much does it fill up your box? I'm wondering if its worth buying a loader for 3k or just to toss the leaves into a dump trailer and just stamp them down by walking on them?

MysticLandscape
10-04-2008, 07:18 PM
1/4, if that for the whole property. We could usually go a whole day before dumping, we did the calculations an figured we could fit 11.8 cu yards of leaves in the box.

mattfromNY
10-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Mystic, with those leaves around your truck, about how much does it fill up your box? I'm wondering if its worth buying a loader for 3k or just to toss the leaves into a dump trailer and just stamp them down by walking on them?

You'll fit 10x more leaves into a trailer or box with a loader, than trying to stomp them down. The loader will grind them up and pack them in. Not to mention how tiring it is to be stomping down mass amounts of waist deep leaves all day. We stomped them down two years ago, and last year got a loader- will never do it any other way from here on out.
My 2 cents for what its worth.
Matt.

02DURAMAX
10-04-2008, 07:33 PM

Nice set up!!!

RedMax Man
10-04-2008, 07:58 PM

Tim, do your self a favor and get some killer huge "Fall Cleanup" signs or the boxs. My shop is gona be making me 4 and they're not expensive.

OSCLandscaping
10-04-2008, 10:08 PM
We are setting the vac up on the Mitsubishi this week. Here are some pictures from last fall.

Petr51488
10-04-2008, 10:14 PM
You'll fit 10x more leaves into a trailer or box with a loader, than trying to stomp them down. The loader will grind them up and pack them in. Not to mention how tiring it is to be stomping down mass amounts of waist deep leaves all day. We stomped them down two years ago, and last year got a loader- will never do it any other way from here on out.
My 2 cents for what its worth.
Matt.

THanks for the info. Most likely then not i'll get a loader during the winter, or early spring (doesn't make sense) but i just need to go through a season to "test the waters". Usually if i get pissed off doing something that i know has an easier way out, i would buy that tool in a second. Reason why i'm saying this is.... My town just came out with the law of bagging your own leaves. We have massive amounts of trees here and it just wont work. My thoughts are that they'll get tired of all the complaints and do something about it, and may be to my benefit. I would hate to get a loader, fab up my dump for leaves, just to have to sell the loader the next season.

1/4, if that for the whole property. We could usually go a whole day before dumping, we did the calculations an figured we could fit 11.8 cu yards of leaves in the box.

Really, thats it? I would have thought that those leaves would take up alot more, and thats just from whats in the picture. As of now, my dump with walls can hold 12 yards. Thats with walls allready in the steak pockets. I might add something on top of that later on if i get the loader. I'm almost certain that after this leaf season, i wont be able to take it, and i'll buy the loader in the spring. I just wanted to wait to see if they change their minds with the leaves. Who knows maybe they'll have a place where i can dump for free. Time will tell. But they do look pretty neat..

Petr51488
10-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Take a look at this i found on ebay. seems like a good price being the loader itself is atleast 3.5k

http://cgi.ebay.com/LITTLE-WONDER-LEAF-VACUUM-HONDA-VAC-TRAILER-LOADER-24_W0QQitemZ110293686113QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item110293686113&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

G.M.Landscaping
10-04-2008, 10:23 PM
OSC, is that a swing away loader?

Everybody's stuff looks sweet.

Mistic...That box is hugh. Maybe I should have built mine that tall. What are the dim ensions?

Also. why can't I post the same pics more then once on other threads. I tried to rename them, and post on this thread but doesn't work?

G.M.Landscaping
10-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Take a look at this i found on ebay. seems like a good price being the loader itself is atleast 3.5k

http://cgi.ebay.com/LITTLE-WONDER-LEAF-VACUUM-HONDA-VAC-TRAILER-LOADER-24_W0QQitemZ110293686113QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item110293686113&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I seen that and was going to start a thread about it. Doesn't seem to lift high enough thou. Looks pretty sweet otherwise.

Petr51488
10-04-2008, 10:37 PM
I seen that and was going to start a thread about it. Doesn't seem to lift high enough thou. Looks pretty sweet otherwise.

I'm sure it does go a little higher. I can't tel from the picture, but i don't think its hooked up to anything. Any higher and that thing will just flip backwards.

OSCLandscaping
10-04-2008, 11:01 PM

Mistic...That box is hugh. Maybe I should have built mine that tall. What are the dim ensions?

Also. why can't I post the same pics more then once on other threads. I tried to rename them, and post on this thread but doesn't work?

Yes it is a swing away 25 hp loader with a 16' intake

DuallyVette
10-05-2008, 12:22 AM
Yes it is a swing away 25 hp loader with a 16' intake

Is it a custom built swing hitch. How about a good, closeup picture of the vacuum & hitch.

Thanks

OSCLandscaping
10-05-2008, 09:20 AM
It's a modified commercial unit. When we get it set up this week I'll get some more pictures for you.

RedMax Man
10-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Many fall cleanup and truck setup pictures in this thread...

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=205413&highlight=Fall+cleanup+action+pics

MysticLandscape
10-05-2008, 10:16 AM

AHhh lets see I know it was 11'6 tall, then I think the dump body is maybe 8'6 long an 7 ft wide. Ill measure it today when I give it a bath but I know its 11'6 tall.

Petr Me an every other guy on here with a leaf loader will tell you its worth every cent, the time saved between trying to load by hand, the more you can fit into your truck/trailer less trips to the dump, and at the end of the day your not as tired. I paid 1200 for mine it was a steal an I regreat not having it the first year.

G.M.Landscaping
10-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Redmax, didn't you sell that box? What are you using this year?

Kennedy Landscaping
10-05-2008, 11:25 AM
AHhh lets see I know it was 11'6 tall, then I think the dump body is maybe 8'6 long an 7 ft wide. Ill measure it today when I give it a bath but I know its 11'6 tall.

Petr Me an every other guy on here with a leaf loader will tell you its worth every cent, the time saved between trying to load by hand, the more you can fit into your truck/trailer less trips to the dump, and at the end of the day your not as tired. I paid 1200 for mine it was a steal an I regreat not having it the first year.

Sunday is my vehicle washing day too. Do you do yours by hand?

Petr51488
10-05-2008, 03:12 PM

Yea, 1200 does sound like a steal lol. They quoted 3100 plus tax. I'll make my decision hopefully within a week or 2.

MysticLandscape
10-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Ya usually sunday, fridays during the summer cause i go away on the weekends. Did the dump at the carwash today cause im hauling stone an dirt tomrow an its gunna get dirty again so didnt want to go too crazy, but ya they both get done by hand 90% of the time.

Petr just suck it up an buy it an in december you will be thanking me.

Petr51488
10-05-2008, 04:32 PM

I'll suck it up lol, I'm going to order the loader on monday so i'll have it for this season.

MysticLandscape
10-05-2008, 06:03 PM
I'll suck it up lol, I'm going to order the loader on monday so i'll have it for this season.

Wise choice my friend

Petr51488
10-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Wise choice my friend

I sure hope so. I'll post a few pics when i get everything set up. Quick question.. Once the leaves get shredded into the box, how easy is it to suck up the shreded leaves that are in the box, back out? Reason why i'm asking is, if the box takes a while to fill up, i can take my leaves up to pennsylvania, since i go there on most weekends and dump there. The only thing is i can't really use the dump feature. I would like to re-direct the exhaust into the woods, and pretty much suck all the shredded leaves from the trailer into the woods. Would this work?

RedMax Man
10-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Redmax, didn't you sell that box? What are you using this year?

Yes i sold that box. I won't be putting a box on this year. Member, Impressions Landscaping and i will be teaming up and he will have a huge box on his 11' dump and my truck will haul the equipment. This will be more efficient.

Kennedy Landscaping
10-05-2008, 11:28 PM
Do you guys ever have any problems with the law on the height of the boxes? I figured if I ever do one on my truck or trailer, I'll probably put the amber clearance lights on the top front

Kennedy Landscaping
10-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Ya usually sunday, fridays during the summer cause i go away on the weekends. Did the dump at the carwash today cause im hauling stone an dirt tomrow an its gunna get dirty again so didnt want to go too crazy, but ya they both get done by hand 90% of the time.

Everyone always gives me static because I wash my truck sometimes three times a week. Oh well, it looks professional in my opinion to pull up in front of a customers house with your truck and equipment all cleaned up and tires shined.

LawnScapers of Dayton
10-06-2008, 07:38 AM
I sure hope so. I'll post a few pics when i get everything set up. Quick question.. Once the leaves get shredded into the box, how easy is it to suck up the shreded leaves that are in the box, back out? Reason why i'm asking is, if the box takes a while to fill up, i can take my leaves up to pennsylvania, since i go there on most weekends and dump there. The only thing is i can't really use the dump feature. I would like to re-direct the exhaust into the woods, and pretty much suck all the shredded leaves from the trailer into the woods. Would this work?

this is possible although once the leaves are shredded and packed into the box they will be harder to suck out again..... you might look into placing pallet up against the front wall and attaching a tow strap to it....then you attach the strap to a tree and pull forward........that will drag the majority of the leaves out.......

RedMax Man
10-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Do you guys ever have any problems with the law on the height of the boxes? I figured if I ever do one on my truck or trailer, I'll probably put the amber clearance lights on the top front

Just put hight numbers and snicker reflectors and you will be fine.

deere615
10-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Nice leaf setups guys!

greenred
10-07-2008, 02:33 AM
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=121626&stc=1&d=1223172403
now THAT is a leaf truck

JTS Landscaping lawn
10-07-2008, 07:00 AM
those are some nice set up you guys got. wish i had some set ups like that

bakerc8
10-09-2008, 04:15 PM