PDA

View Full Version : Sod

Batton Lawncare
10-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Hi, I was wondering how you guys would charge to lay sod? I have a costumer wanting me to lay sod but have no idea how to price the job. Its 4,250 sq ft i have to rip out all the old and bring top soil in and lay the sod. I can get the sod for $0.20 sq ft. I was thinking about $1.00 sq ft to take out the old and to buy the sod and lay it. Is that to cheap or to much? Thanks

sven1277
10-05-2008, 08:33 PM
I think that is a fair price. With the right equipment, 2 guys can do that job in 2 days. Put the starter fert down before you sod.

mybowtie
10-05-2008, 08:57 PM
rent a skid steer with a harley rake. You can spread new topsoil on top of old sod, and power rake the area. kills two birds with one stone. It's the eastest and quickest way... $1 SQFT sounds ok....Every area fetches a different price.....:usflag:

Batton Lawncare
10-06-2008, 10:32 PM
Thanks guys for the help! I talked to a local landscape company and he tried saying it would be about a $2200 job plus dirt. He said that was to take out old and to buy sod and haul the old away and etc. I think that is way to low. I was thinking of an estimate around $4954 that sound about right to all of you. Thanks

Earthworks Landscaping
10-07-2008, 02:51 PM
That price sounds good but I would actually charge in the lower 5k range. If the job were just lighty preping the area and laying sod thats one thing, but when it comes to ripping out old, adding soil/ammendments and finish grading...... the laying of the sod is the easy part. Just my thoughts....I've gotten burned before by assuming the prep would be cake...its not...

good luck.

Batton Lawncare
10-08-2008, 08:43 AM
Another question i have is the yard is real sandy. So would you put 3'' of top soil down or would 2'' be enough.

mybowtie
10-08-2008, 07:59 PM
I'd put 3' on it..Dont forget to roll the sod to ensure good root contact with the soil.....:usflag: