PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Bagger vs. Trac Vac

msryan
10-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Hey Guys,

I am going to purchase one or the other but want to know if any of you have used both and which worked better for you. I have an Exmark Lazer Z 60" with the UltraCut deck.

Both systems are used and are the same asking price. I will have to buy a new boot for the trac vac and a hitch assembly. The Trac Vac is a dual bucket pull behind trailer with the Kohler Pro 6hp motor. The Exmark is the 3 bag system and comes with everything inclucing wheel weights.

Is there more suction with the trac vac due to motor? I know the down side is the trailer and extra motor but just want the best for clean ups.

Thanks guys,

Matt

razor1
10-04-2008, 09:48 PM
I had one with the extra motor and it would clog at the chute quite often. Plus the pony motor through off the tractor balance and was rather loud. I never used an ultra vac but I've heard good things.

Covenant Landscape Group
10-15-2008, 02:02 AM
I have a lazer z 60 ultra cut with the ultravac and it is great! Suction is wonderful and the system never clogs and the bags hold up well. You can take the entire system off the mower in less than five mins. It runs off the blade pulley no extra engine or trailer, keeping the maneuverability of the mower . Forget the track vac it will just cause problems.

Runner
10-15-2008, 02:13 AM
I agree. And with the Ultravac, when you want to go from discharging to bagging, or bagging to discharging, it takes well less than a minute to do. The 3 bags are MUCH easier to handle than the barrel, as well.