PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Suds Product?

JimLewis
10-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Well, my nice water feature got soaped last night. It's probably been a good 2 years since that happened.

At that time, I tried to do some research on an anti-suds agent that you could add to your water feature that would prevent this from happening. And at the time, I didn't find any product that seemed like it would really work.

Mine is a big pondless waterfall.

Anyone know of - or better yet, have personal experience with - a product that prevents the foam and suds if someone soaps your fountain?

ANC Stone Creations
10-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Do you have any pics of it frothy with soap?

I will ask my buddy on Tuesday what he did to solve his same problem.

JimLewis
10-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Oh yah, the kids were playing in the mountain of foam and the wife had to come out and snap a bunch of photos because it was so "cute".

Yah....real cute.

And when I catch the little focker who did it he's gonna see me open up a real "cute" can of whoop-ass!

:angry:

I'll post some photos later.....

JimLewis
10-05-2008, 07:08 PM
I wonder if this stuff works......

http://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-TUB-SPA-DE-FOAMER-POOL-FOUNTAIN-DEFOAMER-3-QUARTS_W0QQitemZ250302943587QQihZ015QQcategoryZ20729QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

JimLewis
10-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Ok. Here are the photos. Laugh it up....laugh it up.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

yosoniamcool3
10-05-2008, 10:31 PM
looks lake u got some problem on hand
i got thing that will work just keep it like that looks good and fun
how about a spot light with a motion sensor to scare them a way

ANC Stone Creations
10-05-2008, 11:44 PM
WOW never quite seen one with that much soap.

What does the before look like?

Kennedy Landscaping
10-08-2008, 12:13 AM
I wasn't expecting that much foam. I'd be really pissed, but I'd probably figure out who did it and pursue charges for vadilism

JimLewis
10-08-2008, 02:34 AM
I wasn't expecting that much foam. I'd be really pissed, but I'd probably figure out who did it and pursue charges for vadilism

We have a pretty good idea who did it. But they are underage and there's no definitive proof. So that's pretty hard to do.

If it happened more regularly I'd install a (hidden) night camera with motion sensor. But until it happens frequently, it's not worth the expense.

PLM-1
10-08-2008, 02:47 AM
I believe aquascape carries an antifoam product. I think you may need a case for all that though.

tadpole
10-08-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm fairly certain that any anti-foaming product made for Water Features is for neutralizing the phosphate in the water. Most soaps/detergents today are phosphate-free. Unfortnately you only cure is pumping out and refilling; repeating the process until the foam is eliminated. And of course stringing up the culprits by their cahonees!!!!

bigbutch
10-08-2008, 05:01 PM
When we were kids we put dish washing soap in are new pool. It wasnít that good but it was fun. My mom put in a bar of hand soap. It kills the suds big time.

JimLewis
10-08-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm fairly certain that any anti-foaming product made for Water Features is for neutralizing the phosphate in the water. Most soaps/detergents today are phosphate-free. Unfortnately you only cure is pumping out and refilling; repeating the process until the foam is eliminated. And of course stringing up the culprits by their cahonees!!!!

Yah, I was kind of under the impression that was the case. I think that's why it's so difficult to find a product to do what I want - because they don't make it for bubbles from soap.

It's such a huge waste of water. I hate that.