PDA

View Full Version : Saving Geraniums????

jpp
10-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Hey guys,

I have heard of how to do this, but have any of you had any sucess on this. Hanging them up from their roots in the basement? Also, do you keep them moist? I have kept them in pots before with some success. But, we planted a boat load at my Mom's house this year. They are at the right size now and really don't want to start from scratch next year.

Thanks for the help,

JP

ECS
10-05-2008, 05:24 PM
I know a lady that has been hanging them from their roots for years.
What we do is keep them in pots and enjoy their blooms all year long. We have them outside in the summer and inside during the winter. We bring them in when it gets too cold for them outside. We have 3 huge pots inside now in full bloom and loaded with buds. We kept a six foot planter going in one of the home we took care of all winter. The got so big we had to cut them back and still had blooms all winter.

jpp
10-06-2008, 04:58 PM
What do you do keep them in different rooms in the house or keep them all in one room? I am going to try to hang some of them up this year and see what happens. If it works great, if not it was worth a shot.

JP

ECS
10-07-2008, 09:01 AM
We have rather large windows in the LR and have them in front of the windows. The lady I know that hung them, hung them all in one room where she sat and watched TV in the window, was an east window and very shaded. Ours get a lot of sun, in the south and west windows and grow like crazy in the winter.