PDA

View Full Version : Fixing ruts in a low-lying backyard

queen of spades
10-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Someone had me out to look at a backyard damaged by tree trucks a year ago. They tore up the yard when bringing out the spoils by leaving 12-18" ruts and holes everywhere. Customer filled the big holes with top soil, but the entire yard was left bumpy and not safe to run or walk across.

The yard is next to a stream, and the soil was slightly damp even though we are in a long drought in Georgia (and no rain in the last month).

What would you have done to fix the problem - you only have a tiller, box blade, and front loader to work with ( no harley rake ).

Thanks!

DiyDave
10-05-2008, 07:47 PM
Harley rake it with my ASV RC30 and the Harley rake, cause I bought the right equipment! Seriously, find someone with an ASV and Harley rake, get them to do it for you, and add 15% for yourself to his estimate!:cool2::cool2:

mississippiturf
10-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Someone had me out to look at a backyard damaged by tree trucks a year ago. They tore up the yard when bringing out the spoils by leaving 12-18" ruts and holes everywhere. Customer filled the big holes with top soil, but the entire yard was left bumpy and not safe to run or walk across.

The yard is next to a stream, and the soil was slightly damp even though we are in a long drought in Georgia (and no rain in the last month).

What would you have done to fix the problem - you only have a tiller, box blade, and front loader to work with ( no harley rake ).

Thanks!

If it was me, I'd have a local company deliver a load of top soil as close to the damage as possible. Then I'd use the box blade to spread it. Could be an easier way, but that's just me!!