PDA

View Full Version : Billy goat 13 hp leaf blower how to charge

yamahasnox900
10-05-2008, 10:57 PM
I use to do leaf clean ups with a back pac blower but it took to long, to i just bought a bg 13 hp blower and i was wondering how i would charge? I was charging by the hour, but this blower should cut my time in half and i would be making half the money. Does anyone have any suggestions because the leave are starting to fall???

Thanks Greg

yamahasnox900
10-06-2008, 08:17 PM
anyone????

nobagger
10-06-2008, 08:30 PM
We use the same loader, it shaved our time in half if not more! First off we charge a fee of $100.00 service call or whatever you want to call it. That 100 bucks gets you... us to show up and a half hours worth of work with 3 workers. Then its all per man hour. Our clean ups go from one end of the spectrum to the other. We have some clean ups that only take 2 hours and some that take 10hrs with 8 guys, and yes I have lights on the loader and the leaf box! because at 5:30 -6pm its dark out. Just remember, you cant charge and arm and a leg because YOU bought a 3k piece of equipment, your customer's wont understand it at all....trust me! YOU bought it to enable yourself to be able to do more clean ups.

DUSTYCEDAR
10-06-2008, 08:33 PM
lights on the loader?

nobagger
10-06-2008, 08:41 PM
lights on the loader?

Yeah a light right on the front of the loader and two on the leaf box. You mean no ones done that?

Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries
10-07-2008, 10:00 AM
Yeah a light right on the front of the loader and two on the leaf box. You mean no ones done that?

Never heard of it. However, it makes sense and would extend your run time. Do you have any photos you'd want to share?

nobagger
10-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Never heard of it. However, it makes sense and would extend your run time. Do you have any photos you'd want to share?

Hey Mr Force :waving: Cant wait to try out the new Billy goat 9hp w/b blower we bought. I have some pics in here and I think its under the title "more leaf loader pics" and "leaf loader pics". We only use and need the lights for loading not the actual clean up. I actually wanted to mount a small light right onto the handle for the loading tube but thats still in the "development stage" lol. The pics might not show the light on the front. We added that thought a few weeks later after we were stuck sucking up leaves in the pitch black.

mngrassguy
10-08-2008, 01:06 AM
I get $45.00/man hour for bp blower, $70.00/man hour for BG

yamahasnox900
10-08-2008, 07:59 PM
how much do you get for doing stuff like mulching or hedge trimming? do you have a set rate for most other things you do or is it a different price for each thing?

shovelracer
10-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Pricing is all you. Same formula as always. Figure out your expenses and what you want to make. You will love your new blower. We started using ours this week and it is real nice. Seems to have more gusto than the same sized giant vac. Wish it had a swivel front wheel though.

yamahasnox900
10-09-2008, 09:57 PM
I used mine at our camp, i blew off a the road and driveway with banks on each side, it blew the leaves up the banks it was ,good investment.

bakerc8
10-11-2008, 10:22 PM
THOSE ARE NICE and i cant wait till i get mine

PHS
10-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Just remember, you cant charge and arm and a leg because YOU bought a 3k piece of equipment...YOU bought it to enable yourself to be able to do more clean ups.

That's exactly right. If the new equpiment allows you to do the work in half the time, then double the rate per hour. It's the total cost of the job that you have to keep at market price. If they balk at the rate per hour then explain why it changed. The other option is to give a bid and then they don't know what you're charging per hour, they either like the price or not.

lawnproslawncare
10-12-2008, 07:42 PM
I would figure out a per time price just for the leaf blower and then hourly per man hour...So: $35 per man hour and what ever you feel safe charging for the leaf blower, Just bill it as a disposal fee or something.

ExecutiveLawns
10-13-2008, 08:07 PM
We charge $65 per man hour for clean-ups we do and that covers the haul away.
For a "you rake em we take em" type deal its $250 hour which includes 2 guys and the leaf loader and hauling but the leaves must be within 8 ft of the road or drive if its big enough to get the truck and trailer down. Ive got a 16hp trac vac witha dump trailer set up to hold 20 cu yds of shredded leaves. we can pack 10cu yds in it in an hour.