PDA

View Full Version : Snow already!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????

KCfireman
10-06-2008, 12:14 AM
I was watching the local weather channel here in KC and their talking about a very large Storm system that could bring very cold temperatures to the Midwest. States like KS, NE,IA and SD would be affected by this storm and they said they expect it to be cold enough for snow flakes to fall. I guess winter is already gonna get a head start for us Midwesterners. Sorry southern guy's!

Kennedy Landscaping
10-06-2008, 12:17 AM
I just heard this as well, watching it at this time. Here it looks like we will just get some rain. But I hope no snow, it would suck to be mowing in those cold temperatures. Ugh......... Too much to get done this week

KCfireman
10-06-2008, 12:20 AM
As much precipitation we(KS) recieved this year and all the below average tempratures we got the experts are saying we could see a very harsh winter. I thought the last 3 winters were harsh enough. Last year we had the cold snap where the temps were in the single digits for about two weeks. That sucked especially with 9" of snow on the ground.

MileHigh
10-06-2008, 12:39 AM
YES!!!

It's snowing in the mountains above 9000ft as of right now...good thing it's not 5000ft..

Plus were getting some good rain right about now...should prolong the mowing a bit.

Man I need to get some contracts signed fast...

KCfireman
10-06-2008, 12:42 AM
YES!!!

It's snowing in the mountains above 9000ft as of right now...good thing it's not 5000ft..

Plus were getting some good rain right about now...should prolong the mowing a bit.

Man I need to get some contracts signed fast...already snowing in the mountains!!! I bet theres gonna be some good skiing pretty soon.

Hawg City Lawns
10-06-2008, 12:46 AM
haha i mowed during the snow earlier this year matter of fact it was march 29th.... it was not fun

DA Quality Lawn & YS
10-06-2008, 01:14 AM
I was watching the local weather channel here in KC and their talking about a very large Storm system that could bring very cold temperatures to the Midwest. States like KS, NE,IA and SD would be affected by this storm and they said they expect it to be cold enough for snow flakes to fall. I guess winter is already gonna get a head start for us Midwesterners. Sorry southern guy's!

When is this thing supposed to arrive??
I live in southern MN and the next week's forecast has nothing but temps far above freezing - in fact on the warm side, with several chances for rain.
No snow here....

meets1
10-06-2008, 01:55 AM
Same with me in IA. I see rain chances thru tuesday and the 10 day is looking decent considering it is Oct. already. Alittle rain today but almost warm and humid.

puppypaws
10-06-2008, 02:04 AM

Better you than me, it is going to be in the 50's here at night and the low 80's in the day. I hate snow, we hardly ever see it here and I am glad.

Charles
10-06-2008, 08:13 AM
I just want some rain. Yards are all dried up again here in SC. October is looking bleak. Back warm in the day and in the 50s at night. Typical back and forth October weather

AI Inc
10-06-2008, 08:17 AM
Snowed here on Mt Washington over the weekend , thats a little over 6000 ft

Jason Rose
10-06-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm guessing this "storm" is still over a week away? or several weeks? Looking at the weeks forecast (for me and you), I don't think lows in the 50's are going to make snow, lol.

I guess I'll have to watch the weather sometime today and find out what's going on! Currently raining here, but it's ok, I did all the Monday lawns I needed to do yesterday!

MOHUSTLER
10-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Its KC weather men :hammerhead: They like to streach the truth. I allways thought they were paid by the grocery stores to say the weather was going to be "THE WORST STORM IN 10 YEARS" so that everyone rushes out to buy groceries. Thats what I would do anways lol.

What I allways do is take at least 2 inches of snow off what KC weather perdicts. Or just go to weather.com. They are fairly accurate.

Kennedy Landscaping
10-06-2008, 12:51 PM
I'm guessing this "storm" is still over a week away? or several weeks? Looking at the weeks forecast (for me and you), I don't think lows in the 50's are going to make snow, lol.

I guess I'll have to watch the weather sometime today and find out what's going on! Currently raining here, but it's ok, I did all the Monday lawns I needed to do yesterday!

This rain will be setting me back for today as well. I refuse to work on Sundays myself. Usually Sunday is the finance and truck washing day for me. I always use these rainy days like this to get on here and get some of my maintenance done on the equipment.

puppypaws
10-06-2008, 03:09 PM
You seem to be an awfully good Hustler dealer, and I posted that in the Hustler forum. I have a question I asked in Hustlers forum, I directed it to PJ but asked for all inputs from anyone with experience. I want to know the comparison of a 66" XR-7 deck and a 72". I am considering a 72" to go along with my 66". I asked how the 28 efi handles the extra 6" and what differences I would notice. My 66" actually gives no problems in areas my last 60" would scalp slightly.

I have the first (2006 yr. model) 66" XR-7 deck and I bolted in the two triangular wedges. These areas with the V point have a tendency to build up with damp grass. I was wondering if XR-7 deck sold in the south had the V pieces welded in, and if they were rounded any to keep grass from building up as bad.

Will I be able to tell a very big difference in power and scalping, or will it operate the same as the 66"?

Thanks,
Reid

KCfireman
10-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Its KC weather men :hammerhead: They like to streach the truth. I allways thought they were paid by the grocery stores to say the weather was going to be "THE WORST STORM IN 10 YEARS" so that everyone rushes out to buy groceries. Thats what I would do anways lol.

What I allways do is take at least 2 inches of snow off what KC weather perdicts. Or just go to weather.com. They are fairly accurate.they have had a tendency to do that. Its gotta be a pretty stresfull job when it comes to pinpointing a snow/ice storm.

itsallaboutthestripes
10-06-2008, 07:05 PM
they have had a tendency to do that. Its gotta be a pretty stresfull job when it comes to pinpointing a snow/ice storm.

The weather men in KC could'nt pinpoint there own a$$ with both hands. The only one that can get the weather right 50% of the time is Lezack. But Katie Horner is good to look at so who cares if she is wrong.

KCfireman
10-06-2008, 07:16 PM
The weather men in KC could'nt pinpoint there own a$$ with both hands. The only one that can get the weather right 50% of the time is Lezack. But Katie Horner is good to look at so who cares if she is wrong.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

puppypaws
10-06-2008, 08:24 PM
"MOHUSTLER" I directed this to you but did not say, sorry! I SENT YOU A PM.

you seem to be an awfully good hustler dealer, and i posted that in the hustler forum. I have a question i asked in hustlers forum, i directed it to pj but asked for all inputs from anyone with experience. I want to know the comparison of a 66" xr-7 deck and a 72". I am considering a 72" to go along with my 66". I asked how the 28 efi handles the extra 6" and what differences i would notice. My 66" actually gives no problems in areas my last 60" would scalp slightly.

I have the first (2006 yr. Model) 66" xr-7 deck and i bolted in the two triangular wedges. These areas with the v point have a tendency to build up with damp grass. I was wondering if xr-7 deck sold in the south had the v pieces welded in, and if they were rounded any to keep grass from building up as bad.

Will i be able to tell a very big difference in power and scalping, or will it operate the same as the 66"?

Thanks,
reid

Kglenn04
10-07-2008, 09:15 PM
haha i mowed during the snow earlier this year matter of fact it was march 29th.... it was not fun

damn you where cutting in march how did that go?

KCfireman
10-07-2008, 09:20 PM
28 degrees this morning in SW NE so the cold is not far from us Kansans'

CleanCutProLawn
10-07-2008, 09:39 PM
2.2" rain from 6pm last night to 3 am this morning in SE south dakota, they are talkin slight chance of flurries in the upper elevations of the black hills in the western part of the state. Our ash trees are only about half way done with there drop and the maples havent even started turning yet.