PDA

View Full Version : Aerating Went Bad

lawnstriper23
10-06-2008, 09:29 AM
So I rented an aerator yesterday to do my property along with my in-law’s and a neighbor’s properties. Another neighbor of mine asked if he could split the cost of the machine with me and I told him yes. He told me that he was going to a family party and that he would be home later to use the machine. In the meantime I did the three properties plus picked up three others and made some extra scratch. Well, it started to get late and my neighbor was no where to been found so I started to clean the machine. As I was cleaning the machine he finally gets home and comes over to see what was going on. At this time I figured that we had approx 30 minutes of day light left. I told him that I was prepping the machine to return to the rental shop and at that time he went off his rocker. I told him that he was more than welcome to use it, but it would need to be spotless and topped off when he returned it to me so I don’t get charged by the rental shop. This is the clincher, he stated that why should he have to clean the entire machine when I used it on six properties and that he was using it just on his. WTF? I told him to pound the pavement and rent his own machine. Now over a stupid aerator there is going to be bad blood between us? Just can’t win these days…. :confused:

corey4671
10-06-2008, 09:35 AM
So I rented an aerator yesterday to do my property along with my in-law’s and a neighbor’s properties. Another neighbor of mine asked if he could split the cost of the machine with me and I told him yes. He told me that he was going to a family party and that he would be home later to use the machine. In the meantime I did the three properties plus picked up three others and made some extra scratch. Well, it started to get late and my neighbor was no where to been found so I started to clean the machine. As I was cleaning the machine he finally gets home and comes over to see what was going on. At this time I figured that we had approx 30 minutes of day light left. I told him that I was prepping the machine to return to the rental shop and at that time he went off his rocker. I told him that he was more than welcome to use it, but it would need to be spotless and topped off when he returned it to me so I don’t get charged by the rental shop. This is the clincher, he stated that why should he have to clean the entire machine when I used it on six properties and that he was using it just on his. WTF? I told him to pound the pavement and rent his own machine. Now over a stupid aerator there is going to be bad blood between us? Just can’t win these days…. :confused:

why not just charge him the cost of the rental, you aerate his yard and YOU clean it and top it off.....

DUSTYCEDAR
10-06-2008, 09:36 AM
That is why u never try to be cheep and split anything with a neighbor.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
10-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Just ignore the whole thing and move on. Sounds like this neighbor has a short fuse anyway, let em cool off.

lawnstriper23
10-06-2008, 09:55 AM
"why not just charge him the cost of the rental, you aerate his yard and YOU clean it and top it off..... "

I did offer that and told him the only thing he would need to do is mark his sprinkler heads with flags that I would supply. He said that he would rather save the $40 and do it himself.

Macrae
10-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Sounds like somebody that wants something for nothing. Splitting things can work out well, but more often than not, something usually goes wrong! If he was really serious about aerating his lawn, and actually gave a rip about his neighbor (you), then he wouldn't have put you in this position by coming home so late!!! People like this are why society is going to hell in a handbasket...chaps my hide something good! Self-centered, arrogant, good-for-nothing...#@!&(*.............woops, I'm still talking! : )

ETA...hope I didn't offend you with this post. Didn't mean to, just got my feathers ruffled...

Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries
10-07-2008, 09:57 AM
You said he went to a party. Did he have something to drink? He may not have been drunk or appeared drunk. However, this could have attributed to the short fuse and rude behavior, especially if you hadn't seen this before. I'd blow it off but unless he offers an apology I'd keep him at arms length. If you have seen this before, considering he's your neighbor I'd be socially polite but go no further.

turfcobob
10-10-2008, 11:33 AM
To Quote John Wayne by hero " Life is really tough if you are stupid " Too bad he did not understand that dirty is dirty one lawn or 50, dirty is dirty. Good luck on this one Turfcobob. I had a different problem with my Neighbor when he would borrow my Mower when his was broke down. Not only was it clean as a plate but it was full of gas too. Then he would stick in $20 bill in the steering wheel to boot. Told him if he did not at least quit the $20 bill I would quit loaning it too him. Great neighbor and I am keeping him

lawnjocky
10-10-2008, 12:52 PM
No good deed goes unpunished.:laugh:

Smallaxe
10-11-2008, 06:35 AM
Why should I have to clean the bathroom, everybody else in the house uses it tooooo. Says the little 10 yr old girl.

You're better off. I don't keep friends that are still under the intellectual level of at least a 14 yr old. [unless they really are under 14] Whiny adults make me wanna puke. Sounds like he has a ways to go.