PDA

View Full Version : Under Armour

freshprince94
10-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Just curious...how many of y'all wear Under Armour when mowing? My uniform setup is kinda weird but works well. I wear the white long sleeve Under Armour and a gray sleeveless tee over it. Works perfectly IMO.

SNAPPER MAN
10-06-2008, 08:22 PM
I used to wear it all the time under my company tshirts, but I have since then discovered that a Magellan or Columbia long sleeve fishing shirt is much more comfortable. Keeps the sun off of you and breaths really good. Under Armour is a waste of money now in my opinion.

BarrFarms
10-06-2008, 08:30 PM
When I get's into the 60's here, I break it out. I wear black coldgear mock turtlenecks with a UA Loose short sleeve shirt over top, similar to freshpince. Works really well!

nobagger
10-06-2008, 08:36 PM
We are looking into buying the T shirts from Under Armor next season for our company uniforms. We've done the regular cotton T's for years now but they start to smell after a couple of months. I hate it when it smells nice and clean right out of the drier, then after two hours it reaks all day.

Jason Rose
10-06-2008, 08:40 PM
I bought 1 Under Armor high dollar shirt, and I also have 7 of the Walmart "dry-more" shirts. I can tell you, without a doubt, that the $6.00 walmart shirts are FAR BETTER in respect to how they "breathe" and how cool they feel. I hate the Under Armor shirt and only were it on cooler or cloudy days. It's only a little better than a cotton shirt, compared to the walmart specials that are like having on no shirt at all.

IndyChad
10-06-2008, 08:44 PM
We just wear tube tops and jock straps. Best setup IMO unless you do a lot of bumpy lawns.

POPO4995
10-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Dont wear it for this kinda work but wear Under Armour under my ballistic vest at the sheriff's office.:waving:

Turf Dawg
10-06-2008, 08:47 PM
I wear the 9" under armour heat gear under wear. These stop me from getting gaulded. As far as the shirts go I have tried several, but my favorites are the C9 champions that they sell at target. I can be soaking wet and run the back-pack on them for a minute and they are mostly dry.

Turf Dawg
10-06-2008, 08:50 PM
We just wear tube tops and jock straps. Best setup IMO unless you do a lot of bumpy lawns.

I am trying NOT to picture this. Come on man, I just ate.

deere615
10-06-2008, 09:51 PM
I have heat gear for the summer, but never wear it. But I also have a cold gear for the winter and I wear that alot

Kennedy Landscaping
10-06-2008, 09:57 PM
I wear underarmor in the winter. I have an under armor moch turtle neck that I too wear under my vest in the winter.

CrystalCreek
10-06-2008, 10:46 PM
I wear the UA compression boxer breifs. They are very tight, but after a few days I started to appreciate the comfort(girlfriend like them too:clapping:). They do keep you cooler and drier. They also keep things in their place(sorry, didn't want to ruin anyones dinner) I like them now and on days I run out of clean pairs, I dread wearing the old cotton boxers. UA all the way. I will try the cold gear if the cold ever gets here.

Firefighter337
10-06-2008, 10:49 PM
Champion C9 from Target = Great stuff.

I buy the shorts and the boxer briefs. Keep their shape, fit well and work well at staying dry or drying quickly.

Kennedy Landscaping
10-06-2008, 10:52 PM
I also like my Carhartt coat, I like it alot

P&C Lawn Care
10-06-2008, 11:05 PM
We buy the Dry More brand T-shirts from Walmart. They have some nice bright Orange ones so we don't get hit by cars. They are much cheaper price wise than UA, but UA does make a good product. Powder helps in the summer time for chaffing with them drawers.

whoopassonthebluegrass
10-06-2008, 11:55 PM
This is a great poll. :hammerhead: :laugh: Personally, I mow naked and charge extra for the peep show.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read the other posts. IndyChad beat me to the punch.