PDA

View Full Version : Business Expansion - Franchise it?

sanbornjo
10-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Hi there,

I am working with a client that has a 7-year established lawn care business. He wants to expand his business into other markets of a sprawling metro area. The costs are significant to do that - truck, equipment, gas prices, etc. He is very interested in trying to franchise his business in some way. He wants the buyer to come to the table with his own truck, employees, and equipment. In turn, he will set the buyer up with clients in his specific area, do all the marketing and advertising and do all the administrative work (invoicing, collecting, etc.). He anticipates the buy-in to be around $7k. Has anyone done this or anything comparable? Any insight or feedback would be valuable. Thank you.

Central Texas

Az Gardener
10-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Franchise is a dirty word on this forum for the most part. I am in the same boat as your client I have been working for about 5 years to build a franchise model.

I am guessing you are a business coach? Use the search feature go advanced and put franchise in as your key word and be sure you put it in title part not thread. There are many references to the various franchises but there are not to many. Also google hirethegardener.com that seems to be a small successful franchise in Canada.

Good luck and drop back in and let us know how it goes.