PDA

View Full Version : Walker Blower

2stroke
10-06-2008, 08:10 PM
what is the life expectency of the blower on a Walker? im @ about 2800 hrs on my 01 MTGHS. im sucking up leaves and loose stuff pretty well, but its the grass where the tires ran on last weeks stripes that is having a hard time standing up to be cut. is the blower supposed to help do this? or is it just the blades job. here are some crappy pics. is my blower wore out?

BarrFarms
10-06-2008, 09:25 PM
I haven't noticed any wear on mine yet, at 145.3 hours. I would say you need a new impeller for leaf season.

Thanks,

b121774
10-06-2008, 09:32 PM
The blower certainly helps to stand up the grass. On my 08 MT with the new 10.5 inch blower I can see the grass at the outside edge of the deck being vacumed in were as I don't see that on my older walkers with the smaller blower. If I were you I would convert to the bigger blower.

Jason Rose
10-06-2008, 09:37 PM
You got 2800 hours on the original blower!?!?!? That's crazy! You ought to give the thing a gold medal and a proper retirement package...

With that many hours I'm sure the blower housing is pretty thin too, it's time for an upgrade. You can put the newer 10.5" blower in there, you just have to change a couple small brackets out to make it fit. You won't believe the difference that the 10.5" blower will make.

And, yes, the blower is an intergral part to the lifting of the grass as it's cut. It's all about airflow. It's just as critical as having the screen in the hopper clean.

Lawdog302
10-07-2008, 02:02 AM
I would try the blower upgrade as well. I have heard alot of praise on the newer setup. Its been out for a few years so i would give it a try.

OSCLandscaping
10-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Definately change blower and upgrade to the 10.5. We changed ours over 1.5 years ago. The new blowers are not as strong as the old ones, but much less expensive to replace and fairly easy job as well.

2stroke
10-07-2008, 10:39 AM
i have never really had a problem with the "old small blower", and i plan on buying a new machine this year sooooo.. i think i will just replace it with what worked good for me in the past without a bunch of extra work that i dont really have time for. what is the cost of a replacement?