PDA

View Full Version : Ever complain to the BBB?

zz4guy
10-06-2008, 07:56 PM
I got screwed out of $160 in advertising from a local company. It is a one person operation that puts your ad on a local restaurant menu. I paid her last March agreeing the menus would go out in April, only to find out that she hasn't submitted them to the printer yet. They don't appear on the menus until this month and then stay there until March. A lot of good that will do a lawn service!!

Anyway I argued, but got no money back. I'm thinking of filing a complaint. Is there any reprocussions or am I out of line doing this?

IN2MOWN
10-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Ive complained to the BBB about a couple things. It seemed to get the job done. Why dont you try and work something out with her like a free ad for next year?

TXNSLighting
10-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Yeh hold off on the BBB. That can hurt a person. If she continues to be unreasonable, and doesnt make you happy then she deserves it.

mngrassguy
10-07-2008, 06:59 PM
BBB is worthless unless she is a member.

Runner
10-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Exactly. It is a worthless entity, that is merely a fancy "certificate" to pay in to the privatized business (bbb is NOT a government entity, like some people think).

BP348
11-06-2008, 12:08 AM
I filed complaints with the BBB on 2 different companies. Didn't do squat.

On my second complaint the BBB sent me a letter saying that since the company had sent an answer to my complaint they felt the company had met their obligations and that my complaint was closed. :confused:

To me the BBB sticker on the wall dosen't mean anything.

kootoomootoo
11-06-2008, 01:08 AM
I am complaining to the BBB about the BBB.

Should be fun.

Woody82986
11-06-2008, 09:13 AM
The BBB is a crock of crap as far as I'm concerned. It's worthless as long as one of you isn't a member. The BBB used to be a scare tactic that worked but my generation coming up now largely doesn't even know what the BBB is or what it does. The BBB is quickly losing touch.