PDA

View Full Version : The new Hustler ZEON !! (Electric ZTR)

mowerconsultant
10-06-2008, 08:19 PM
A little teaser for you...
This unit will make its public debut in Louisville at the Expo in a few weeks.
I should have pricing and availability at that time.
This is all the information and pictures I have at this time.
What do you all think?
Enjoy...

48 Volt
4 12 volt deep cycle batteries
42" two bladed deck.
Two DC deck motors.
Two AC drive motors
7mph
During testing we are constantly getting 80 Min of run time or 1 1/4 acre.
Charge time 16 hrs
No Belts, Fuel, Oil, Emissions, and of course much quieter.
3 yr Residential warranty 1 year commercial.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/mowerconsultant/work/-8330.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/mowerconsultant/work/-8345.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/mowerconsultant/work/SMARTECLOGO150dpi.jpg

DUSTYCEDAR
10-06-2008, 08:22 PM
That is sweet

POPO4995
10-06-2008, 08:29 PM
I'll be damned.

DUSTYCEDAR
10-06-2008, 08:31 PM
how much i want one but how much and what is the life of the battery befor replacement? and how much will that cost me.

Lil'MowinMan93
10-06-2008, 08:32 PM
Always Re-inventing the wheel. Not a bad lookin mower though. Well i'll be damned is right. Not to Shabby.

mowerbrad
10-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Thats the first electric ztr I've seen. I think it looks pretty cool.

Jason Rose
10-06-2008, 08:44 PM
WOW! That's cool as crap!

But... how long are the batteries "supposed" to last (in terms of overall life before they won't hold a charge anymore) and how much $$$ is it to replace them?

If the price is right, I can see this being a homeowners dream machine... No gas cans, no oil changes, totally quiet...

BarrFarms
10-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Neat looking machine! To employ it for myself, I need 4 hours of runtime, an extra set of batteries, and around an 6 hr charge time. If that is worked into this model, put my name down on one!

Thanks,

Turf Dawg
10-06-2008, 08:55 PM
I have a funny feeling this will be the norm in the near future.

RonB
10-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Kinda reminds me of the first Hustler ztr.

This looks good for the home. Are the batteries some sort of quick change - like swap the set for charged ones?

b121774
10-06-2008, 09:25 PM
If it could use replaceable lightweight lithium ion or lithium polymer batteries or something similar, i'd buy one. How bought an industry standard battery that ALL power equipment would use? Weedeater goes dead, put in a charged battery like a power drill. A ztr would probably need like 6 batteries though....?

MileHigh
10-06-2008, 09:30 PM
ewwwww....

Runner
10-06-2008, 09:42 PM
This is only the beginning. What we are going to see done with electric motors in the next 20 years is going to blow our minds. Not only are we going to see duration skyrocket, but we are also going to see unbelievable horsepower developed. Much like in 1988, we did not imagine the high speeds of this internet thing, the clarity of digital photography, or the fact that EVERYone would be carrying picture taking (and sending), text sending cell phones that ar smaller than a deck of cards or a pack of cigarette, the electric industry is going to make phenomenal developments (already under way) in the near future. The first hybrid mowers (that will be carried by major manufacturers) will revolutionize the industry.

mississippiturf
10-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Well, kiss my grits!!! That's a good looking mochine. Guess I need to sell my stock in mower muffler manufacturers!!

AJ Lawnscapes
10-06-2008, 09:56 PM
Waste of money by the company and waste of money by the LCO.

It might be for a homeowner, but not for LCO's

1.25 acres isn't justifiable to buy.

Joke

mowerknower
10-06-2008, 10:02 PM
[QUOTE=AJ Lawnscapes;2544339]Waste of money by the company and waste of money by the LCO.

First Im sure it will be marketed to homeowners. Second, to say its a waste of money by the company is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. The way epa is tightening down on emisions and the way gas prices are going this is a great idea. In the not so far off future we will all be using electic mowers and cars. Hustler is a step ahead of the other manufactures, it is a very wise move.

Jason Rose
10-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Actually there was several electric riding mowers available 25+ years ago... Not a zero turn though.

ed2150
10-06-2008, 10:46 PM
I remember back in the mid 70's Deere had a little electric rider called the Electric 90........a pretty neat little mower and did a good job.

We'll be seeing much more of this kind of mower in just a very few years. Good job, Hustler.

davidcalhoun
10-06-2008, 11:28 PM
Weight is a killer when balancing electric propulsion and battery life. I'll bet this deck is even built lighter (maybe even shallower) than other 42" decks in Hustler's lineup.

Take a look at the other weight saving items on this mower. I do not mean that is bad. It just means that the engineers had to use their training when dealing with certain materials and their functions on the mower. Basically it means getting the mower built with the least amount of weight.

It looks like Hustler did a fair job at building a "enviroment friendly" residential mower.

Want it to mow longer? Lose some weight.

whoopassonthebluegrass
10-06-2008, 11:52 PM
I love that it offers a 1 year commercial warranty!!! I'm gonna get one just so I can only work 80 minutes a day!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That's funny as hell. How about having it tow a trailer filled with batteries so it can make it through a real work day. Or better yet, how about a 15'x15' solar panel that doubles as a shade cover!!

Points for effort, but puh-leazzzze!!!! :hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

lawnguyland
10-07-2008, 06:47 AM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!

My lungs say thanks

Now- I need a 36" stand on version please

F in Sweeeeeeeeet

Langford2000
10-07-2008, 07:18 AM
48 Volt
4 12 volt deep cycle batteries
42" two bladed deck.
Two DC deck motors.
Two AC drive motors

Shouldn't it be AC for the deck (constant speed) and DC for the drive (instant low end torque)?

Liquidfast
10-07-2008, 09:18 AM
I can see it now. I am cutting my 56 degree angle hill and the battery dies. I guess its like anything else though. It could lose power or run out of gas....etc.

I like it. I think it has its place. Not now but in 5-7 years when it can last 180-240 min between 2 hour charges with swap outs.

punt66
10-07-2008, 09:28 AM
Its good for a homeowner if they dont mind paying out the rear for it. Commercial use is defenetly not for that machine. Although i would love to have an electeic commercial machine that could cut al least 7 straight hours. Then i would take a good look. Right direction though.

TomberLawn
10-07-2008, 03:36 PM
Great innovation, Hustler! Certainly, this is not a commercial mower, even though it has a one year commercial warranty. We'll probably see a lot more of these things around soon, and someday on our own trailers. Technology progresses at an astounding pace. There's technology gadgets out there that would blow your mind. I'd say that in 10 years or less, you'll have batteries and motors capable of running at least a half a workday and recharge in a couple hours.

I wonder how many batteries and how big the motors would be to make an electric Super Z.

Mowbizz
10-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Hmmmmmm...STEALTH MOWING...;)

djchiodo3
10-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Maybe good for home owner. Won't work for me. I run my mower on average, 7 hours a day. Down south the grass grows an inch a day. I doubt this thing could cut any of my lawns during the growing season and being 1 1/2 days behind because of rain. Nice concept and clean on the environment(except the batteries). Now if we can eliminate the 85% of global warming gases that mother natures produces we are set.

davidcalhoun
10-14-2008, 08:10 AM
I just thought that this original tread about the Zeon should be bumped.