PDA

View Full Version : bad cut to start

Neil M
10-06-2008, 09:47 PM
When I got my new turf tiger the blades felt sharp and the dealer said it was all lubed, oiled and ready to cut. I cut a few yards and the cut wasn't that great, leaving stranglers on the left side blade. Not happy since I heard all the good stuff about the TT. Thought I had a lemon. I got home, sharpened the blades and greased the spindles now the cut is awesome. Lesson, never trust anybody about your equipment.

billslawn89
10-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Lesson, never trust anybody about your equipment.

Boy you said it! :dancing:

ALC-GregH
10-06-2008, 09:57 PM
The first thing I did when I got my Tiger Cub was measure and set the deck where I wanted it. I found a 1/4in pitch on the blades made it cut very nice and stripe well without the Tiger Striper kit.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
10-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Always check the deck for the right cutting height,it will be off ...

Richard Martin
10-07-2008, 05:56 AM
I bring brand new mowers home and set them up the way I like them.

Weedas_Lawn_Care
10-07-2008, 02:26 PM
ALC greg H which way did you set the pitch of the blades leaning forward or back

grassman177
10-08-2008, 12:11 AM
the last time we purchased new mowers a tthe same time, i made a very strong request that they make triple sure of the fact that every machine was adjusted accurately and the same on every machine. i got real tired of getting three new machines and all cut at different heights relative to the settings being the same. i have to say, my dealer did thier job on this one, i have never adjusted anything on any mower except the handle bars on my personal mower for comfort. i know your frustration. i have also found that dlear sharpened blades are not sharp. those guys dont cut grass, they sell th3e machine and dont really know how to sharpen, at least to my standards!!