PDA

View Full Version : Worm Casings

Pistol
10-06-2008, 09:22 PM
I reworked my lawn about a week ago (killed it, dethatched it, slit seed it). I put out a bag of Scotts Organic Fert, but I'm wondering if I need to put out some worn casings. How do I apply this? Do they smell? Am I too late? Thanks for the great site! Pistol

Pistol
10-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Wal-Mart has small 10# bags. Where else should I look? Thanks again, Pistol:dizzy:

DUSTYCEDAR
10-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Google it to find a local supply

TF PLUS
10-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Hi Pistol,
I ordered 2 tons of pure worm castings, no smell, can throw them out by hand. Found it near impossible to apply with a broadcast spreader (landscapes to large to wait till casting dry out. They are 40 to 45% moisture content. Even added corn meal with casting). I was trying to apply at a rate of 20 to 40 pounds of casting per 1000 sqft of entire landscape root zone, every 3 to 4 months. I have large hands and lots of 5 gallon buckets. I ordered a proper spreader.
Tom

gatorwoman
10-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Hey Tom...
Gatorwoman here...good to see you are finally jumping right in about your business. As you know I'm a big supporter of your organic way of lawn care. Have to keep the gators and all the other wildlife in my little vista of life happy...
Gwoman

TF PLUS
10-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Greetings Gatorwoman
Nice to see you out of the swamp. There must be loads of freshwater worm castings near the bank of your swamp. A healthy Eco-Swamp is important.
Take care,
Tom