PDA

View Full Version : redmax 2 cycle oil price

f150 with bobcat
10-06-2008, 11:28 PM
is it just me or am i right in saying that one of my dealers is taking advantage the country's $$$$$$$$ problem at the beginning of the season a case of redmax 2 cycle oil was $48 plus tax i go to ask how much is case a couple of days ago it was $65 a case plus tax so i think i will buy the 6 packs from now on.

CrystalCreek
10-06-2008, 11:37 PM
The $48 price could be from left over last year stock. The current price is about what I'm paying. It is cheaper in the long run to buy the case, and as far as I'm concerned, Redmax oil is the best there is. I won't use anything else, And believe me, I tried them all. Hope this helps.

newz7151
10-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Either you've been living under a rock somewhere, or you are unaware that 2 cycle mix is made from oil.

Richard Martin
10-07-2008, 05:52 AM
You might want to look at Amsoil Sabre 2 cycle mix. I mix mine at 80:1 for everything and the cost per gallon of gas is 58 cents.

JKOOPERS
10-07-2008, 09:52 AM
for that price you can get a gallon of opti 2 with the hand pump

tallimeca
10-07-2008, 11:20 AM
prices went up DRASTICALLY. Started about 2 months ago when Husqvarna released their new price list. Just got echo's new list and the dealer costs and retails are exactly the same as husky.

If there's oil out there at the cheaper price, or your dealer hasn't been paying attention, grab it because they're loosing their shirt on it.

For instance, a 2.6 ounce bottle went from retailing around 1.75 to 2.49. That's a BIG JUMP.

kaferhaus
10-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Why do some guys spend money on "premium" oil?... you may as well through that money in the street.

so long as the oil you used meets the mfg's standards the life expectancy of that particular motor will NOT increase by using more expensive oil.

Do a little research on studies that were NOT done by people selling premium oil and you'll find the truth. Dozens of studies have been performed on this issue by universities and even government agencies... Not "alledged" studies that were paid for by oil producers...

Many so called premium oils have been found to be nothing more than "private labeled" generic 2cycle oils with a color additive.... and many of the so called lubrication enhancers were proven to be burnt before they could ever produce any benefit.

I've been using 2 cycle engines for over 40yrs and have been down that road... waste of money, but hey it's your money.