PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki KGT35A trimmer

nathan101
10-06-2008, 11:32 PM
i just saw this new on there website and was looking for some opinions or reviews.i was thinking of buying 1 but thought i would ask you guys first.how does the power compare to stihl and other brands..any input would be great

Displacement 2.1 cu. in. (34.4cc)
Fuel Tank 23.7 oz. (0.7 Liter)
Fuel Gasoline and 2-Stroke Oil (Ratio 50:1)
Drive System Hollow Steel Drive Shaft
Carburetor Rotary Valve
Plug NGK BPMR7A
Handle Type Variable Position Loop
Net Weight 13.2 lbs (6.0kg)
Dimension 74.1" x 8.6" x 11.6" (1,883 x 218 x 295mm)
Noise Level 100 dB(A)
Blade Capable No
Attachment Capable No

DillonsLawnCare
10-06-2008, 11:45 PM
i heard that kawasaki handhelds SUCK!

LOTS of downtime on them. too many repairs.

thats just what i've heard. i could be wrong. but if i were you, i would just buy a redmax or a stihl.

Turf Dawg
10-06-2008, 11:55 PM
i heard that kawasaki handhelds SUCK!

LOTS of downtime on them. too many repairs.

thats just what i've heard. i could be wrong. but if i were you, i would just buy a redmax or a stihl.

I would have to disagree with you on this one. I have a line trimmer myself and it is a good unit. I belive that kawasaki powers alot more handhelds than many people think. There are several companies that use their engines. If you read some of the post on here you will find many people will swear by their products.

IHusky
10-07-2008, 01:38 AM
I cant comment on the KGT35a (and I think there has been some post on the new Kaw trimmers, not sure about the KGT35a) but the older KGT27a is a very nice trimmer, well balanced, light and good power for under $300. Good luck.

Mickhippy
10-07-2008, 06:26 AM
Depends on what you want to do with it?
6kg is pretty heavy for general trimming. No doubt it would have heaps of grunt but like I said, its pretty heavy!

I use KBL27A and there 4.5kg. Just bought a new one I like them so much! I run 3.3mm square without problem and work them very hard at times.

If your going to do brush cutting, go for the 48cc handlebar until instead.

WalkerMike98
10-07-2008, 11:14 AM
I really like mine. Has a lot of power and always starts first of second pull. It is a little heavy especially when edging. Good to have on the truck when heavier trimming is required.