PDA

View Full Version : Echo bought out Shindaiwa!!!!

DillonsLawnCare
10-06-2008, 11:42 PM
i talked to my dealer last week only to find out that echo has boughten out shindaiwa. i almost cried..:cry:.. he said thats why theres no updated catalogs or new trimmers for '09, OR the new eb8520 blower that was supposed to come out.. its all because echo is like redesigning the shindy look. so its gunna be a totally different look on all blowers and weedeaters etc....

in my honest opinion, i really dont like echo's. they seem cheaper, cause they're from home depot. but i know some of you on here would strongly disagree with me. but then again i havent even used one, so i might be missing something. who knows...

thank god i got a T-230 when i did:drinkup:. im tempted to go and buy a T-260 that they have left over for $300.00.:weightlifter::clapping:

owell.. thought i'd share some info.:usflag::weightlifter::usflag::dancing::clapping::drinkup::waving:

topsites
10-06-2008, 11:48 PM
Well...

At least there are more folks now who understand how I feel about my Everride Ztr,
same thing basically, Wright mfg. took them over when they went down.

What happened?
Way I see things, you and I, and some other Lco's now own what I call a one of a kind machine,
I feel somewhat special but I also dread the day parts are no longer made.

Still, it's kind of cool knowing that most will never own one, and at least one of our machines is a piece of history.
Of course I still run it :p

Turf Dawg
10-06-2008, 11:48 PM
I think this happened awhile back. I think in the beginning that all the details were not worked out so they said they ""were just working together" or something like that. I believe the article was in the Turf magazine several months ago.

LwnmwrMan22
10-06-2008, 11:49 PM
They merged.....

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQH/is_5_51/ai_n27498133

CAT powered
10-06-2008, 11:52 PM
Hey, buddy. Just a quick tip. You might sound more professional if you used bought instead of boughten. If you have trouble spelling you might want to consider using Mozilla Firefox which has a built-in spell checker which has brightly underlined the word "boughten" in red as I typed this post signifying that it is an incorrect word or is spelled incorrectly.

ElephantNest
10-07-2008, 12:01 AM
I'll take that 260 if you don't. I'll pay for shipping, of course.

DillonsLawnCare
10-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Hey, buddy. Just a quick tip. You might sound more professional if you used bought instead of boughten. If you have trouble spelling you might want to consider using Mozilla Firefox which has a built-in spell checker which has brightly underlined the word "boughten" in red as I typed this post signifying that it is an incorrect word or is spelled incorrectly.

Ok,
1st --My name is DILLON, not "buddy".
2nd-- I am on a MAC, so I run Safari.
3rd-- I did hesitate to type "boughten" down, for I thought it was wrong, but since I'm discussing an issue, i didn't think people would really have the time to give a sh!t if a spelled ... A... word incorrectly.

but hey, have a wonderful night.:waving:

DillonsLawnCare
10-07-2008, 12:15 AM
I'll take that 260 if you don't. I'll pay for shipping, of course.

As for the T-260, he's got like 6 of them left. no one's buying them. i wanna say he's pushing 'em out the door for $315 + tax, but i could probably get a little bit of a deal.

let me know!

Thanks

CFB
10-07-2008, 12:33 AM

You are mean. Have OCD or sumthin? Grammar geeks and spell checkers... This is a forum not collidge.

CAT powered
10-07-2008, 12:36 AM
No I'm not trying to be an arse. I'm just trying to help him because I know that if I was a customer and I saw a bunch of stuff like that on an invoice I'd question his level of professionalism.

Really I'm not trying to be an arse. Just trying to be helpful, but whatever.

ElephantNest
10-07-2008, 12:36 AM
As for the T-260, he's got like 6 of them left. no one's buying them. i wanna say he's pushing 'em out the door for $315 + tax, but i could probably get a little bit of a deal.

let me know!

Thanks

That'd be great. Ask him how much for a few of them, shipped to 70458. Maybe, 3 or so.

*EDIT* Oh, and please ask him if he has any T270's. Or PM me his number, and tell me who to say I was referred by, so I can mention your name. Either way, whatever you're comfortable with. Thx.

ElephantNest
10-07-2008, 12:41 AM
I see in your sig you need a long reach hedge trimmer. I have a Shin T230, and it was a little underpowered for heavy growth, so I bought the double sided extended hedge trimmer attachment for it, and I love it. I don't even take it off anymore, I just leave it dedicated to a pole hedger. Just thought I'd mention it.

whoopassonthebluegrass
10-07-2008, 12:47 AM

I love that you correct his grammar with the world's longest run-on sentence!! LOL!! Lawn guyz is way smarters than the restest!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

*trucewhiteflag*

DillonsLawnCare
10-07-2008, 01:09 AM
That'd be great. Ask him how much for a few of them, shipped to 70458. Maybe, 3 or so.

*EDIT* Oh, and please ask him if he has any T270's. Or PM me his number, and tell me who to say I was referred by, so I can mention your name. Either way, whatever you're comfortable with. Thx.

Ok. I'll go to the dealer tomorrow, to see if he still has them.

I'll ask him what kind of deal he could cut me if i bought three right then and there.

Now......shipping. i don't have a problem doing any of this, but how am i going to find the boxes to ship them in? any ideas??

Thanks

b121774
10-07-2008, 08:30 AM
My local mower shop has a new shindi blower that looks exactly like the pb755 echo blower but is red and dark blue. The owner says it will only come with a tube throttle and no hip throttle.

delphied
10-07-2008, 08:52 AM
Well...

At least there are more folks now who understand how I feel about my Everride Ztr,

:p

Wright took them over?

delphied
10-07-2008, 08:55 AM
No I'm not trying to be an arse. I'm just trying to help him because I know that if I was a customer and I saw a bunch of stuff like that on an invoice I'd question his level of professionalism.

Really I'm not trying to be an arse. Just trying to be helpful, but whatever.

What a great natural talent. He doesnt even have to try to be an "arse".

LwnmwrMan22
10-07-2008, 09:41 AM
I agree with CAT powered's point, but have given up on the arguement years ago.

I look at it as no different than the guy that stencils his name on the side of plywood on the trailer.

It's about image, and yes, this is just a forum of lawn care guys (and some gals) where, after a hard days' work, post about their day, deals to be had, deals to be made, etc.

It may have been better had he not said "buddy", but I'm sure he meant it in the needling big brother way, not the condescending, look down your nose kind of way.

K/B
10-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Your dealer is full of lies. Echo did NOT buy out Shindaiwa, let me repeat, Echo did NOT buy out Shindaiwa. Nor was it a merger. It is a business alliance.

The EB8520 is still coming out. Nothing has changed. Shindaiwa and Echo will continue to operate as 2 separate companies, but with joint R&D. Yes, you will see crossover - Echo models in the Shindaiwa lineup and Shindaiwa models in the Echo lineup.

Echo is not "redesigning the Shindaiwa look" that's pure BS.

PS
This is OLD news. The alliance was formed way back in early spring.

tallimeca
10-07-2008, 11:17 AM
First, Echo has been building engines for Shindy for some time now because their 2 strokes weren't getting certified......hence the big 4 mix explosion........litterally, haha.

Second, the company technically MERGED.....however, it was more of a take over. Shindy will be offering about 12-15 models from echo that will be recolored. Some of them are models that echo is no longer building for their lineup, like the pb200 blowers that have been replaced by the more powerfull pb251.

Echo has SOME OF THEIR models in home depot......does that make their whole line crap? If you say yes, then you would agree that all John Deere products are crap?

Wright did not take over Everride. Ariens/Gravely took over ACI, which includes everride and great dane. They have changed nothing on the builds but paint.

Lawnsite is like highschool gossip central. Alot to say and no facts.....haha.

K/B
10-07-2008, 11:25 AM
First, Echo has been building engines for Shindy for some time now because their 2 strokes weren't getting certified......hence the big 4 mix explosion........litterally, haha.

Second, the company technically MERGED.....however, it was more of a take over. Shindy will be offering about 12-15 models from echo that will be recolored. Some of them are models that echo is no longer building for their lineup, like the pb200 blowers that have been replaced by the more powerfull pb251.

Echo has SOME OF THEIR models in home depot......does that make their whole line crap? If you say yes, then you would agree that all John Deere products are crap?

Wright did not take over Everride. Ariens/Gravely took over ACI, which includes everride and great dane. They have changed nothing on the builds but paint.

Lawnsite is like highschool gossip central. Alot to say and no facts.....haha.

What models had Echo been building for Shindaiwa? I know that the EB630 had a Zenoah (Redmax) engine, and the 195 series had a Mitsubishi engine, but what models have an Echo engine?

It was not technically a merger. A merger is when 2 companies come together and form one company. This did not happen. Nor was it a takeover, as neither company took over.

K/B
10-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Bump

Tallimeca you haven't said which models were built by Echo for Shindaiwa.

lawnprosteveo
10-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Now I understand why my dealer I normally use kept shrinking his Shindaiwa displays. Went from a large part of the store to a little half wall in the corner.

Ive got nothing against Echo...but maybe its time to try a Stihl again.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
10-08-2008, 11:14 PM
[QUOTE=topsites;2544508]Well...

Wright would never take over everide,no need to.:hammerhead: And if they did they would all be Wright Standers.Why would Bill Wright take over Everride when they have the ZK now and The sentar Sport.

ElephantNest
10-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Well, I never heard anything from you, so I found some myself. I picked up FIVE Shindaiwa T260, and one T270, if anyone needs a T260, I may have an extra one.

punt66
10-09-2008, 09:17 AM

i cant stand you people who harp on a misspelled word. Who cares. I dont care what you think enough to spend the time tp spell check my posts. Get over yourself. If thats the best you can do to contribute then go to the national spelling bee with all the 10 year olds and lets see how well you do.

Frontier-Lawn
10-09-2008, 10:13 AM
here is a email i got from echo about this.

Mr. Precht,

Thank you for writing to ask about our alliance. Unfortunately, at a time like this there is a lot of misinformation in the marketplace. The fact is that neither story is true. We are planning on going forward in a manner similar to where we are now. The only difference is that you may see some additional models to help round out both product offerings. The majority of the changes will be operational which are "behind the scenes" and will ultimately benefit the customers of both brands.

Sincerely,

Joe Fahey
Vice President, Marketing
ECHO Incorporated

RussWard
10-09-2008, 04:47 PM
There was not a "buy out", Echo and Shindaiwa created a holding company to prevent possibility of a hostile takeover of either company. The two companies will share technology and marketing ventures.

freshprince94
10-09-2008, 07:20 PM
I have no idea about the merger...I do know that my dealer which used to have an equal amount of Stihl and Shindaiwa is phasing out Shindy...I demoed a blower of theirs and was impressed.

About Echo, I do not care for their stuff. My PE-200 couldn't cut through butter and my SRM-210 was an OK trimmer when it would start. When, was the question. It would go cold in between accounts and take 8 pulls to start. with priming.

Lil'MowinMan93
10-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Here is what Echo's Website Says...

CHICAGO, IL. (May 21 2007) - Today it was announced in Japan that Kioritz Corporation (Kioritz), the parent company of ECHO Incorporated has entered into a business and shareholding alliance with Shindaiwa Corporation (Shindaiwa).

Kioritz and Shindaiwa, both publicly traded companies on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, are leading global manufacturers of premium outdoor power equipment including trimmers, chainsaws, power blowers, hedge clippers and related products.

In addition to initial mutual investments of approximately $2 million in each other’s common stock, the alliance will focus on working together to develop and implement future mutually beneficial product and operational programs.