PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts on yard vacs??

Kglenn04
10-06-2008, 11:42 PM
with fall coming up what are your thoughts on yard vacs

Big C
10-07-2008, 09:08 AM
They suck:laugh::hammerhead::laugh:;)

Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries
10-07-2008, 10:10 AM
It all depends on what product you are looking at and what you are trying to do.

Let me know when you get a chance.

Kglenn04
10-07-2008, 05:22 PM
It all depends on what product you are looking at and what you are trying to do.

Let me know when you get a chance.

I mean for Fall clean ups I'm thinking about selling mine, and I need help in the desion making, I feel its a good Idea to run the leaves over with the mower and then blow them in to a small pile no?

MOTES
10-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Fastest quickest way, mow one way to keep all the leafs in one direction, pile up, rake on tarp, and haul away. Vacuum works fine sometimes, but not all the time. but the Cleanest way is to do what i meantion before. Hope this helps. Good luck

topsites
10-07-2008, 06:52 PM
I would tell you what they are like
but then I've never owned one.

david shumaker
10-07-2008, 07:05 PM
I have hardly use mine. They are hard to push in the grass and the bag fills up quickly. For commercial accounts they may be OK on parking lots or light leaves. I use the vac on my own yard, only so I won't feel so bad about wasteing my money.

Tharrell
10-07-2008, 07:47 PM
I have one. Don't plan on using it to do a lot of yards. It has it's place, a homeowner. Now, if you're doing parking lots, that's a different story.
The bag is a pain to empty and it fills up very fast with leaves. Then, the bag holds dust and you end up getting it all over you.
If the wind is blowing though, I would prefer it to using a blower.
Remember, you need someplace to empty the bag also.
I'm still glad I bought mine though, it's invaluable on the parking lots I do. Tony

MyKisa
10-07-2008, 08:24 PM
I had that big troybilt years ago and it was stolen. I liked it for home use, but think it may be too small for commercial. I have no real trees in my customer`s yards to clean up from and usually just mulch trimmings with mulching mower.