PDA

View Full Version : Dump insert

mowerbrad
10-07-2008, 05:01 PM
I've got a Stahl service body on my truck right now and really want to put a dump insert in it for leaf clean-ups. So far I haven't been able to find one that will fit in a service body. The only thing that I have found is a service/dump body combo. Does anyone know if there is a company that makes one?

dura to the max
10-07-2008, 05:10 PM
i dont know of anything on the market. could a load handler be modified to fit? thats about the only thing i can think of.

mowerbrad
10-07-2008, 05:17 PM
A load handler could be modified but I would rather go with a dump insert if I can because the capacity would be greater.

dura to the max
10-07-2008, 05:22 PM
yeah, thats all i know of though, unless you REALLY modified a dump insert. it doesnt seem to me that all this is worth the hassle, there isnt that much room in a stahl body for leaves anyway...

mowerbrad
10-07-2008, 07:45 PM
I'd build up sides on the dump insert so I would have a leaf box. So far I can't find any insert that will fit my service body, and modifying a dump insert seems like too much of a hassle than what it is really worth.

dura to the max
10-07-2008, 08:12 PM
it just seems so narrow between the sides to me (the center "bed" of the stahl body). even w/ the high sides it seems small

tilawn
10-07-2008, 09:35 PM
I've got a Stahl service body on my truck right now and really want to put a dump insert in it for leaf clean-ups. So far I haven't been able to find one that will fit in a service body. The only thing that I have found is a service/dump body combo. Does anyone know if there is a company that makes one?

I believe ttruckcraft has an insert for service bodies.

lawnwizards
10-07-2008, 10:10 PM
now dont make fun of me, but i made my own dump bed insert for my truck. a few pieces of osb a couple of pieces of metal and a winch and there you go. i will post some pics when i get a chance. its ugly but if it can dump the leaves then its alright. anyone else attempt to build their own dump insert?

t j lawn care
10-07-2008, 10:15 PM
does't e z dumper have a dump insert for service truck ?

http://www.ez-dumper.com/

Kennedy Landscaping
10-07-2008, 10:47 PM
I think those are neat, the inserts that is. I may get one if I ever have a 250 or 350. I don't think it would look good on a 1/2 ton

mowerbrad
10-08-2008, 12:09 PM
I was able to find the ez-dumper one. If it is the right price I may just end up buying it in the near future, maybe for next season.

White Gardens
10-08-2008, 12:20 PM
I think those are neat, the inserts that is. I may get one if I ever have a 250 or 350. I don't think it would look good on a 1/2 ton

Just get a flatbed/ stakeside dump instead. Then you don't end up damaging the sides of your nice bed using an insert. Dump inserts never seem to hold enough capacity to take advantage of an F-350's gvwr.

Besides, you can haul two to three times the weight and volume with a dump trailer, and it's an easier option if you can find one cheap, or even building your own.

mowerbrad
10-08-2008, 06:07 PM
I really don't need a whole lot of capacity. I just want to build up a leaf box on it to help with my clean-ups. I don't like the whole Idea of a dump trailer yet, I still would need all my equipment with me, and there would be no way to do that if I had the dump trailer. The dump insert would allow me to unload everything faster too.

bakerc8
10-09-2008, 09:50 AM
http://www.truckcraft.com/productDetail.asp?id=5&cID= that should work for you what kind of truck it by the way

mowerbrad
10-09-2008, 10:39 AM
http://www.truckcraft.com/productDetail.asp?id=5&cID= that should work for you what kind of truck it by the way

That is the whole combo service/dump body. I just want the insert for my service body that I already have. Plus my truck is only a 2500 with single rear wheels, for that body from truck craft I would need at least a 3500 with dual rear wheels. And the body is about $15,000.

RussWard
10-09-2008, 03:44 PM
www.TruckCraft.com

mowerbrad
10-09-2008, 04:22 PM
www.TruckCraft.com

Truck craft is the company that doesn't have a dump insert available for service bodies, all they have is dump/service body combos not the insert.