PDA

View Full Version : Great mower at an even better price...

JShe8918
10-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Hey as some of you may know i am 19 years old and maintain 27 accounts here in my small town of thomasville. Well here is my predicament: there is a 2007 walker mt 20hp with only 102 hours on it at a local auction. It is an absolute sale due to it being a bank repo. I currently have enough equipment but would love to add this as an addition to my equipment. I plan on leaving all of my current equipment here in thomasville as i move to auburn for school in january. My little brother will take over all the accounts and working on an hourly wage. For all of you thinking momma and daddy bought this stuff for me your wrong so don't turn this into a criticizing thread. If the price were right would you suffer the loss and purchase this mower. I do have the cash for it but would it be feasible for me to purchase it with out knowing how many let alone what size accounts i will be servicing in auburn. All of your thoughts and comments are much appreciated..
Jonathan Sheehan

mississippiturf
10-07-2008, 06:03 PM
You can always re-sell it if it don't work out. May have to wait until next spring to fetch top dollar.

2stroke
10-07-2008, 07:27 PM
cant go wrong with a Walker as long as the price is right.

mowerbrad
10-07-2008, 07:50 PM
One of the nice things about Walker mowers is that you can change the deck size on the machine with out having to buy a whole new machine. If the price is right I would go for it.

RonB
10-07-2008, 08:40 PM
I see which one you're looking at - #11334 - looks good. Have you ever been before? I called awhile back and the guy said most mowers go for about half the original cost. That one might not though.

Did you notice all the choppers (cycles) they have this time?

JShe8918
10-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Yee that is it... I know I wonder why they have had so many the past two months and also the have so many tractors this time. I talked to will at s e auction about it and he said that those walkers and john deeres came from. The same biz. Oh and if u saw that ugly husqvarna on there that use to be my mower and I sold it to my uncle and now he is auctioning it off.. Because the first time he used it he caught the wrought iron mail box with the rops and Lmost flipped it backwards...

JShe8918
10-08-2008, 09:59 PM
I decided i am going to try and get the mower this saturday at auction. Wish me luck....

George Mason
10-19-2008, 07:31 PM
So, did you get the mower? I went to an auction a few weeks back looking at a Scag TT but it was too used. I just bought a new Gravely 260 XDZ this past week and am very happy with it. If you did get it, how much did the auction take the price to? I imagine it might have been good with uneasy times on peoples bank accounts.

Good luck at school, a great move regardless of what you decide to do afterwards. What will you be studying?

Wittapp
10-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Wow, a 19 year old young man with his head on straight. My daughter needs a new boyfriend. LOL

JShe8918
10-19-2008, 11:07 PM
LoL.. I don't know how straight my head is on but thanks. Yes i did get it but i found that it is far to small for almost all of my properties. It has the 42 inch deck and i am now trying to sell the mower for what i have into it.