PDA

View Full Version : I need a plant suggestion from the pro LS'er

Sweet Tater
10-07-2008, 07:00 PM
I have a customer asking me to do some landscaping for her and I don't have much of a clue. In the front lawn there is a 200 year old oak stump that at this time we cannot move. Btw this is an area historic home. There is an area of dirt and grass (weeds) about 3 ft around the stump. My question is we want to put something evergreen around it to hide the stump which is about 4ft tall, something that flowers would be nice, and multiplies and thickens fast would also be nice. nothing that grows say over 6 ft as this is on a stop sign corner and could be an issue if its too big. any suggestions are greatly appreciated. btw we are in North East Ms zone 7 I believe.

Kate Butler
10-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Here are several suggestions: scrambling roses, perennial sweet peas, Clematis rects (http://www.backyardgardener.com/plantname/pda_01f5.html).

robtown
10-07-2008, 08:31 PM
pics would help

Sweet Tater
10-07-2008, 08:33 PM
I am going over to measure tomorrow, I'll snap some pics then.

White Gardens
10-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Get some pics, that would help.

Have you thought about renting a stump grinder to get rid of the oak stump??

When you choose plants for this project, you always want to keep in mind the historical aspect of the property. So, you might want to stick to the more heritage/ traditional type plants that were popular when the house was in it's prime.

Sweet Tater
10-08-2008, 05:41 PM
I got 2 threads started on this, sorry, heres the link to the other one with pics, I will be using this thread as work progresses and asking questions. Thanks alot guys... and Mrs Butler.

Kate Butler
10-08-2008, 07:00 PM
I got 2 threads started on this, sorry, heres the link to the other one with pics, I will be using this thread as work progresses and asking questions. Thanks alot guys... and Mrs Butler.

That link would be where?? And it's Ms. Butler to all you guys. (Hey, I may be old, but that divorce was final 35 years ago and it's been MS. ever since.)