PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO!! Aeravator video. Gotta check this out Video!!!

newlymowedlawns
10-07-2008, 08:25 PM
This is a new yard we picked up today. Just added this video of what an aeravator does if anyon dont know. Comment on what you think

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm7yY9PgKko

ProCut_48
10-07-2008, 11:36 PM
thats a bit over kill i would say!!!

02DURAMAX
10-08-2008, 12:34 AM

Hey pro cut....Hows the velke doing?

Also I would like a grasshopper with one!!

PLM-1
10-08-2008, 02:46 AM
I run the 60" Aeravator on my Grasshopper. Once you operate one of these you will never go back to a walk behind. These suckers will chew up asphalt!

Team-Green L&L
10-08-2008, 09:06 AM
This video is way too basic of a subject to be on a professional forum as a learning example. I wasted my time watching a guy do something that we do twice a year.

ProCut_48
10-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Hey pro cut....Hows the velke doing?

Also I would like a grasshopper with one!!

i sold it with the mower that wb was hard to get parts for soo i sold it. but it was great when i had it. hows the proslide?

newlymowedlawns
10-08-2008, 05:24 PM

I would have to reply to that and say actually no it is not. I wish you could have run a core plugger over it and seen your eyes bounce to how hard it was. There are about 30 houses in that neighborhood. All of them hard as a rock. I did the 1st one in there the last week in August and it looks like we have sodded it. The same day another guy ran a ryan core plugger over one at least 4 times with its little bitty holes and while we aeravated in one pass, seeded, fertilized and put out some straw and were gone while he scratched his head. Two weeks later guess who called his customer and we got that one too. I have now done 13 in that neighborhood with no advertisement except what you say in the video. So you answer your own question to if that is over kill. Thanks for the reply

syzer
10-08-2008, 05:41 PM
I think its odd how some find this a waste of time, or overkill. Do I have one nope, I will get one. Those who down this thing cannot possibly do a lot of aeration and overseeding. When you use walk behinds of toe behinds and get sub-par results on condominiums its not good. Anything that can help you improve your offerings, or allow you to drop costs is a very important part of the industry learning.

newlymowedlawns
10-08-2008, 05:42 PM
This video is way too basic of a subject to be on a professional forum as a learning example. I wasted my time watching a guy do something that we do twice a year.

I posted this thread by request. Do you have an aeravator? I bet before you knew about an aeravator I guarantee you watched videos or someone actually using the machine. You would not believe how many people have pmd me wanting to know more info about them and haven't even heard or seen an aeravator before. I'm glad you know all there is. Next time someone pms me I will give them your name since you know everything.

Tadams
10-08-2008, 07:58 PM
I can't get over how that thing chews the ground up! Pretty awesome! We have dry, hard, clay soil here and a regular wb aerator bounces all over the place unless the moisture in the soil is just right. Too wet and it's a mud bog- too dry and you are bouncing. I'm definately gonna check these out.

FIRESCOOBY
10-08-2008, 11:27 PM
This is a new yard we picked up today. Just added this video of what an aeravator does if anyon dont know. Comment on what you think

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm7yY9PgKko

Thanks for the video. Don't let them bother you. I'd love to go this route also one day (matter of fact, I'm gonna PM you). Red clay down here in the south is evil.

brucec32
11-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Very impressive. It'd be great if you did enough jobs to justify what I assume is a steep price tag. Does it, however, tear up existing turf too much to use on lawns that are getting merely routine overseeding, not renovating?

jmoore16135
11-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Great post.... The aeravator is a great tool for overseeding and breaking up very hard ground. On established turf you can run the aeravator without the PTO engaged if you are worried about damaging the turf to much, but in my experience running the unit with the PTO engaged is the only way to go. You can also use the aeravator on baseball and softball skinned areas to help break up the hard compacted soil.

Newlymowedlawns, would you be able to post a video of the aeravator in action??

poolboy
11-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Make sure you give it some good compost. That hard clay will need it.

newlymowedlawns
11-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the replies. On estalished turf it works just as well as if ground is bare without the mess of plugs in my opinion. What you see in the video of the loose soil is what it does at the root zone of established turf. Along with making some mammoth holes for the seed. I will try to get some more videos on establish turf but it may be a while because I am done aeravating that I know of unless someone calls. Almost too late. I guess the one disadvantage of the aeravator are the yards I've done when I bought the machine 5 years ago and every year since are so thick and healthy now all they really need is a good fert program. But I still seed them anyway to get the money. On alot of the yards I have to put all of the seed out first then aeravate them to make sure the gets to the root zone. On the other hand I guess that is an advantage because people seem to be very jealous if there next door neighbors yard looks better than theirs. Believe it or not I only have about 5 yards where I dont aeravate a neighbors lawn beside of them or within a couple of house from them where I dont have to load up nad move. I now have over 90 I re-seed and do the Lesco turf program on! Its along way from where I started with about 20-25 that I reseeded in the fall 5 years ago. I have truly been blessed! I can't belive I get them all done by myself from 3rd week in August to the 2nd week in October. I guess it helps having two DEPENDABLE guys to mow the 50 or so I have during the week and a Perma green Motorized Spreader.
Anyway sorry for the novel. Again thanks for the replies