PDA

View Full Version : NEW accounts for fall spring summer

Kglenn04
10-07-2008, 11:58 PM
Best way to get new accounts is ???

djchiodo3
10-08-2008, 04:40 PM
First thing is get rid of Monte Carlo and replace with midsize truck and trailer. Next, throw away Ryobi and never use the term weed wacker again. Buy the 4mix stihl with all the attachments. Never let it be know that you actually went out and bought a Home Lite blower. Sell the MTD and replace with midsize commercial mower. That said, get some business cards made along with flyers. Make the lawns you have look better then the neighbors’ lawn. Be patient, pray a lot and the business will come to you. Good luck

Green Team Landscaping
10-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Advertise for fall clean up, then rope them in for mowing. Do good work so they want you back.

MileHigh
10-08-2008, 04:51 PM
There is always a few ways of getting accounts. There are ways you have to pay $ for, and then there are other ways as well. I'm assuming that you would rather not have to pay out the rear end for ads so.

The key is to do FINE work...to make the lawn look better than the homeowner could ever even imagine doing...The most important IMO is the edge..most homeowners can't edge there own lawn, so if you lay down a mean edge, people will see that driving by or looking out there windows and watch for you to come back every week, you move on to there house, and do the same. Some lawns you can't make look nice...those are the ones nobody likes to cut, but can still make you money.

Basically free advertising is doing GREAT work...people notice stripes, edging, and professional trimming.

But ITS MUCH MORE DIFFICULT to do professional work with homeowner equipment.

I also picked up a good amount of new lawns this season using yard signs, I would just pop them in the nicer lawns, and that got me some biz.

Kglenn04
10-09-2008, 10:24 PM
thank you guys much helpful info

wburks
10-09-2008, 10:59 PM
First thing is get rid of Monte Carlo and replace with midsize truck and trailer. Next, throw away Ryobi and never use the term weed wacker again. Buy the 4mix stihl with all the attachments. Never let it be know that you actually went out and bought a Home Lite blower. Sell the MTD and replace with midsize commercial mower. That said, get some business cards made along with flyers. Make the lawns you have look better then the neighbors’ lawn. Be patient, pray a lot and the business will come to you. Good luck
. Very good advice I would like to add DO WHAT YOU SAY YOU WILL DO EVEN IF YOU LOSE MONEY AND TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR WORK

Chilehead
10-09-2008, 11:19 PM
There is always a few ways of getting accounts. There are ways you have to pay $ for, and then there are other ways as well. I'm assuming that you would rather not have to pay out the rear end for ads so.

The key is to do FINE work...to make the lawn look better than the homeowner could ever even imagine doing...The most important IMO is the edge..most homeowners can't edge there own lawn, so if you lay down a mean edge, people will see that driving by or looking out there windows and watch for you to come back every week, you move on to there house, and do the same. Some lawns you can't make look nice...those are the ones nobody likes to cut, but can still make you money.

Basically free advertising is doing GREAT work...people notice stripes, edging, and professional trimming.

But ITS MUCH MORE DIFFICULT to do professional work with homeowner equipment.

I also picked up a good amount of new lawns this season using yard signs, I would just pop them in the nicer lawns, and that got me some biz.

This guy speaks the truth. Sure, referrals are great, but when your work is so great that it lures people in--that's special. Had it happen to me twice last week.

jbell36
10-10-2008, 02:02 AM

hahaha, that's some funny ****...

jbell36
10-10-2008, 02:15 AM
but really though we picked up a lot from an ad in the newspaper, good accounts too...as previously said, do good work every time and neighbors will start hiring you, probably 35 of our 80 came from on the job...do buy professional equipment, that is why people call you because they don't have the equipment to stripe and edge their lawn like you do...yard signs do well too...then simply buy business cards (we go through a lot) and signs for your rig...

Lawnut101
10-10-2008, 02:33 AM
Advertise for fall clean up, then rope them in for mowing. Do good work so they want you back.

I agree with this. And make sure to advertise a lot. I'm going to be advertising a lot this next spring. I did this past one, but mostly in the wrong areas. But you live and you learn.

Dunlaps LawnCare
10-27-2008, 07:21 PM
advertising is a big guessing game you live and you learn