PDA

View Full Version : Here's a laugh

kartracer2000
10-07-2008, 11:25 PM
I found this on an ad site similar to craiglist in my area, I'm thinking about hiring him for my lawn cleanup, lol.

FALL SPECIAL servicing EAST MOLINE/ SILVIS/MOLINE area
no monthly service contract needed for discount price
I can mow and clean most yards for 20.00 I dont use any large comercial equipment on a residental lawn. my mowers won't leave large ruts ,excessive noise, or cost you alot more money for me to use.Bottom line is good job, with much lower price.insured,fast, clean, polite service. senior discounts. call AL

meets1
10-07-2008, 11:35 PM
I'll call him - need his number. But then again, I think we all have his number!

02DURAMAX
10-08-2008, 12:44 AM
I would have have him do all my clean ups anyday!

mississippiturf
10-08-2008, 08:18 AM
Throw in a couple of six-packs and the guy will probably clean the gutters too!!!

DLAWNS
10-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Throw in a couple of six-packs and the guy will probably clean the gutters too!!!

That's funny...and so true.

landscaper22
10-08-2008, 11:06 AM
I found this on an ad site similar to craiglist in my area, I'm thinking about hiring him for my lawn cleanup, lol.

I dont use any large comercial equipment on a residental lawn. my mowers won't leave large ruts ,excessive noise, or cost you alot more money for me to use.

Translation: Since I only charge $20, I can only afford Crapsman, Murray, and other crappy mowers. I will come cut for much less than the other guys, until my mower craps out on me, then I will be out of business. Oh, and I will not bother calling to tell you I am out of business. You can figure it out on your own. :laugh:

White Gardens
10-08-2008, 12:29 PM
When I get requests from customers to take my time, use smaller equipment ect... then they get charged a minimum of $45 an hour. I don't understand how people can make money that way.

He's either retired, or still lives at home with his parents.

landscaper22
10-08-2008, 04:18 PM
This sort of reminds me of a neighbor of one of my customers. Well he is not rude or mean. But he is very particular. We chat from time-to-time, but If I so much as get a grain of sand on his driveway he will be out cleaning it up immediately. His driveway is only about two feet over the property line, so sometimes, a little debris gets on it. I always blow off his drive after every visit to my customer's house, just to keep the peace. He never asked me to do it, but I hate for him to get angry. Also, when I pull up he always moves his vehicles off the driveway and next to the curb. Some people are just funny. They take life way too serious when they sweat small things like that.
This guy is the kind of person that when he paid someone to put a new roof on his house, he stayed on the roof with them the entire time making sure everything was done how he wanted it done.
Needless to say, you know what I did when he asked me about sodding an area in his back yard. :walking: (fast)
I can generally please people like this, but it takes way too much time to do it. Time is money.

South Florida Lawns
10-08-2008, 05:17 PM
the way I see it, it all depends on your location. i got some areas that I can't get more than $65 a month for a yard. And other areas I can get $300. It all depends where your from and how bad the prices are.

landscaper22
10-08-2008, 08:23 PM
This sort of reminds me of a neighbor of one of my customers. Well he is not rude or mean. But he is very particular. We chat from time-to-time, but If I so much as get a grain of sand on his driveway he will be out cleaning it up immediately. His driveway is only about two feet over the property line, so sometimes, a little debris gets on it. I always blow off his drive after every visit to my customer's house, just to keep the peace. He never asked me to do it, but I hate for him to get angry. Also, when I pull up he always moves his vehicles off the driveway and next to the curb. Some people are just funny. They take life way too serious when they sweat small things like that.
This guy is the kind of person that when he paid someone to put a new roof on his house, he stayed on the roof with them the entire time making sure everything was done how he wanted it done.
Needless to say, you know what I did when he asked me about sodding an area in his back yard. :walking: (fast)
I can generally please people like this, but it takes way too much time to do it. Time is money.

Oh crap, I didn't mean to post this in here. It has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Sorry

kartracer2000
10-08-2008, 11:35 PM
landscaper: i couldn't help but laugh, looks like something i would do, lol.

south florida: i assure you prices here aren't that bad!

Sammy
10-09-2008, 09:49 AM
With a $5.00 senior discount, it will only be $15.00 !!! Yippie !!