PDA

View Full Version : Special Picture

NightLightingFX
10-08-2008, 02:27 AM
I finally got the picture I have been waiting for, to complete my marketing portfolio!!! I have been waiting for the right project that has a window looking outside to a project that I lit. The whole idea of this picture is show my prospective clients how we can bring the outside in and increase interior design with artistic outdoor lighting. I had to take two pictures one with a flash and all the lights on in the room. And another picture with all the lights off to eliminate reflection off the glass. Then I had to do some photo shop cut and paste to get the end result.

JoeyD
10-08-2008, 10:48 AM
very cool Ned......It almost looked like a framed photo to me!!!

klkanders
10-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Very Nice Ned! Great idea.

Keith

The Lighting Geek
10-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Very nice picture Ned!

NightLightingFX
10-08-2008, 01:17 PM
very cool Ned......It almost looked like a framed photo to me!!!

Technically it is. I took a pic of the window with all the lights out. Then I cut & pasted that window onto another picture taken with a regular flash to show the interior of the home.

NightLightingFX
10-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Steve gave me some tips on making this scene better. A front on view so the window isn't angled and I tried to yellow the background color to create a warmer interior. What do you think?
~Ned

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-08-2008, 06:30 PM
The second version is much better Ned. I would go one step further and re-shoot the interior with the normal interior lighting on and use no flash. You will need a tripod of course... Then you will have a more realistic image... the interior looking as it would with the lights on and the exterior lighting showing through the window.

Great idea.

NightLightingFX
10-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the input. I experimented some for this pic. James here is a pic without the flash and still some light. As you can see there is still some reflection. This is where a professional photographer comes in - in the pic there is a lot of lighting issues a lot of trial and error. For now I am going to stick with my doctored-up picture. I don't have time or the desire to go back for another pic. You will see in the reflection I forgot to turn off my head lamp. Photography is tough a lot of things to remember and do.
~Ned

JoeyD
10-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Looks like a flash in the window reflection to me!! LOL

But the second one I think looked much better!

NightLightingFX
10-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Looks like a flash in the window reflection to me!! LOL

That is my headlamp I forgot to turn off. Duhh???

JoeyD
10-08-2008, 07:24 PM
That is my headlamp I forgot to turn off. Duhh???

LOL.........Doh!

EOL
10-09-2008, 12:49 PM
Great idea, to put a pic like that in your portfolio. You might want to turn the flash off from your headlamp. HEEHEEHAAHAA!