PDA

View Full Version : My New Toy!!!

DillonsLawnCare
10-08-2008, 03:12 PM
just picked her up today for $600 out the door.

This model is the exchangeable one. so i can buy whatever attchment i need for it and swap em out.

its also got the extra extension pole, for longer reach!!!

Chestnut Oaks Prez
10-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Nice! That is all we use. If one goes down, just stick the attach on another.:)

dcombs
10-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Looks nice. i got the FS 90 , straight shaft edger, 130 degree hedger, and straight shaft trimmer for 690. but i am trading in the hedger attachment for the hand held one. it was going to be to big to operate on small bushes

DillonsLawnCare
10-08-2008, 06:26 PM
i used it for about an hour and WHEEEWW! that thing will wear you out. upper body strength is a must have for this one!

i noticed it was hard to manuever around smaller shrubs. i had to constantly chage the angle of the cutting blade.

should i buy a standard hedge trimmer for the small stuff, or is there a secret i dont know?

Thanks

deere615
10-08-2008, 06:59 PM
i used it for about an hour and WHEEEWW! that thing will wear you out. upper body strength is a must have for this one!

i noticed it was hard to manuever around smaller shrubs. i had to constantly chage the angle of the cutting blade.

should i buy a standard hedge trimmer for the small stuff, or is there a secret i dont know?

Thanks

You need a normal set of hedge trimmers. I have a set of the expandable ones-they are a cheap set were like $100. But I rarely use them, only when there is stuff I can't reach and don't want to use a ladder. You will kill yourself trying to trim small shrubs with that IMO

Scag413
10-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Thats sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Supertiger
10-08-2008, 07:18 PM
If thats your idea of a toy then you sould look into a post hole digger their even funner.:dizzy:

TheLawnBarber
10-08-2008, 07:33 PM
I have the same exact unit that you have there. You will not be disapointed.

RedMax Man
10-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Very nice but they dont come cheap do they.

dcombs
10-08-2008, 08:21 PM
i didn't even use my hedger attachment that way i could trade it in on a standard hedge trimmer and pay the difference

SNAPPER MAN
10-08-2008, 08:51 PM
I have the dedicated articulating version and I love it. It is very heavy though. I only use it if I absolutly have to. I prefer to use my 24" kawasaki hedge trimmers.

Langford2000
10-09-2008, 07:59 AM
Man, those thing must have gone up! I bought the same set up minus the extension to use lat year for $450. Later the extension for $50 when I bought the saw attachment. You will like the 110, I have run mine a LOT and its been bulletproof. Just remember to check the valves when she gets about 130hrs or when it takes more than about 3 pulls to start.

tinman
10-09-2008, 08:02 AM
nice. I need those for one account that is difficult to reach with normal trimmers.

grass2cash
10-09-2008, 09:50 AM
Man, those thing must have gone up! I bought the same set up minus the extension to use lat year for $450. Later the extension for $50 when I bought the saw attachment. You will like the 110, I have run mine a LOT and its been bulletproof. Just remember to check the valves when she gets about 130hrs or when it takes more than about 3 pulls to start.

I got mine for about the same price you quoted in early '07 as well. Be prepared to have some Popeye forearms if you plan on using it for a significant amount of time.

Happy Frog
10-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Nice.
I use the Echo PAS with the articulated hedge trimmer and it will wear you out in a few hours as well.

punt66
10-09-2008, 10:05 AM

Thanks

Yea the secret is to have a mid lenght trimmer that can do it all without wearing you out. I wouldnt need the long reach often enough to justify it.

02DURAMAX
10-09-2008, 01:22 PM
Very nice but they dont come cheap do they.

I got my Echo Just over $500 This spring.

bakerc8
10-09-2008, 04:28 PM
nice hedge trimmer

TandM
11-09-2008, 08:54 PM
sweet man that thing is super long! about a foot longer then my long reach shini? they are expensivemy shini was 400 bucks but is dedicated so yours can do more stuff

STIHL GUY
11-09-2008, 09:46 PM
nice. i hope you enjoy it

South Florida Lawns
11-10-2008, 02:29 AM
I got one of those, but its non 4 mix. right now its a dedicated hedge trimmer but when something breaks I convert it to what ever I need.

It will kill you fast if you got a bunch of big hedges to do, and you will find its a pain in the but to trim small stuff close to the ground. Or if a customer has ball shaped small ornamental shrubs its not really good for that. I'm looking to get a smaller hand held trimmer for that stuff.

SCAG POWER
11-10-2008, 06:54 AM
Now what you do is go out and look for bushes that need to be trimed .Ask the home owner if you can trim their bushes . You would be surprized, just how many lawn guys , that run full crews do not want to trim bushes . This is how i got started 4 years a go.

kogafortwo
11-10-2008, 07:02 AM
I find the short shaft version of the dedicated hedge trimmer to be manageable even on smaller shrubs. It looks like the KM attachments make it a long shaft all the time.

Nice unit. If I were starting over from scratch, I would get a KM with all the attachments too, instead of single powerheads for everything.

Hedge trimming is kind of a specialty and not everyone can do it, so you are in good shape now to get some more business. Have fun.

Mike's LawnCare Landscape
11-10-2008, 07:45 AM
I got the Stihl Headtrimmer It was the first thing that I found that would fit on the Honda weedeater!! It cost me around $219 this summer.

Supper Grassy
11-10-2008, 09:40 PM
Nice piece of equipment

S man
11-10-2008, 10:59 PM

Thanks

I have a little echo hc150 for small hedges that I use. I had a unit like that one but didn't like the throttle or weight for doing small bushes so the echo works good for me.