PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Isuzu NPR and all equipment in ATL

Maxham_farms
10-08-2008, 04:13 PM
I also had my truck and ALL equipment stolen. Happened Aug. 1 on Old Powers Ferry Rd in Sandy Springs. Stolen were 2 tru cut C27 reel mowers, 1 exmark turf tracer 52"/23hp, 1 exmark metro 26, 1 honda junk mower, redmax edger, weedeater and stihl pole hedge trimmers, also 2 solo backpack sprayers, 2 redmax 8001 blowers and 1 stihl br600. Also took 2 cellphones in the glove box. Police did nothing nor did I expect them to...been robbed many times. Nobody cares. Same situation though, black dudes, really dirty looking, stole the truck. Truck was found the next day off Cascade Rd with door open and engine running.

Since this last theft, I have talked with several others who have been robbed the same way...a couple have been violent. Seems to be a ring and fairly organized too.

I would think the turf tracer would be fairly easy to spot...the brake lever broke off and had been welded back on and the mower deck has one bracket on it from the old striping kit. I sure do miss that mower. Had insurance but only $10000 worth.. Got the truck back and am happy about that as it is paid for. if anyone has any info...post it here Thanks, Dan

nlminc
10-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Sorry to hear that. I'm sure you've looked on Craigs List for the equipement right?

I've been starting to take my keys out of my box truck along with my phone when I'm working on a property. Theft has been running very high with the economy running in the gutter.

Maxham_farms
10-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Yeah, I have looked on craigslist and ebay. Be careful out there. We are sure they were watching us. We think they may have followed us around and learned our route. We have since changed it up and are paying more attention to strange people and trucks. My truck was stolen from one of the nicer areas in Atlanta. I am guessing a 1.5 million dollar house. Truck was in the driveway as Old Powers Ferry Rd is fairly busy. These guys are bold and not afraid.....

Tadams
10-08-2008, 08:18 PM
I hate to hear that! I had all of my Stihl 2 stroke equipment stolen back during the summer out of my box truck while it was backed in beside my garage at my house. It was about 15 feet from my bedroom. They got it during the night while I was sleeping. We got lucky and got all of it back about a month later. The police got a tip about someone stealing electric cable out of houses and went and investigated it. They found tons of wire and an enclosed trailer (stolen) full of 2 stroke stuff. We had already replaced all of the equipment ($2600.00) but at least we will not have to buy that equipment for another truck next year. Hopefully you will have similar luck and get your stuff back.

supercuts
10-08-2008, 10:09 PM
only $10k insurance for equiptment??? that doesnt make much sence, i think im at $50k

Maxham_farms
10-09-2008, 08:33 AM
Really only interested in insuring the Turf tracer and one reel mower. I have increased my insurance to $20000 though....When you buy this stuff over time, you don't realize how much you have invested.

My deductible is $1000....have to pretty much steal all of my hand tools to justify using insurance for that. Usually when we have stuff stolen, it is 2 blowers, or the weedeater and edger, or just the gas shears. Never had the whole truck stolen and lost everything at once. No worries though, we have long since replaced our equipment. The new equipment is actually an upgrade...no more redmax stuff...Soo, it makes sense to me, it is not my first day.....

razor1
10-09-2008, 09:25 AM
I hope they catch these guys. Do/did you ever leave the keys in the truck?

kleankutslawn
10-10-2008, 09:41 PM
sorry to here that.what 2 cycle did you go with this time?

txgrassguy
10-10-2008, 10:49 PM
I have ALL of my equipment insured for replacement value, not fair market value.
That way if anything is nabbed, the max I am out is my deductible of $500.00.
Falls under an Inland Marine Coverage and if you do not specify replacement value the insurer automatically goes with fair market value.
Cost differential was less than $120/year for over $185K worth of equipment.

gene gls
10-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Yeah, I have looked on craigslist and ebay. Be careful out there. We are sure they were watching us. We think they may have followed us around and learned our route. We have since changed it up and are paying more attention to strange people and trucks. My truck was stolen from one of the nicer areas in Atlanta. I am guessing a 1.5 million dollar house. Truck was in the driveway as Old Powers Ferry Rd is fairly busy. These guys are bold and not afraid.....

Put a master kill switch some where that its not visiable.

sgl41377
11-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Where do you get insurance for your equipment? How much?

EagleLandscape
11-10-2008, 09:40 PM
get a concealed hand gun license...

ryry278
12-08-2008, 12:23 PM

Heck yea get mine in a month. Best thing about turning 21. Will have one in my tuck at all times. Would love to put one on the mower. LOL

nnj18
12-08-2008, 05:22 PM

thats what I would do if they're constantly stealing. Or better yet sit @ your shop with a rifle and pop 'em in the head when the come in. bu tmake sure to have signs saying tresspassers will be SHOT! lmao

Southernlandscape343
12-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Sorry to hear about this. I havn't been on here recently. Any luck with locating the stolen equipment? I've spoken to a few SSPD officers and it seems like there has been alot of smash and grab recently.

JPsDuramax
01-30-2009, 03:04 PM

I agree 100%. I have mine and keep it in the truck at all times. I also carry on my side when I'm in downtown Atlanta working the wrong side of the tracks. You cannot pull it unless your life is in danger but sometimes just the sight of you having a gun is enough.

SCAG POWER
01-30-2009, 03:17 PM
Just got back from the local gun shop. Looked at 2 different H&K 45 ACP. The clerk showed me on that would take a silencer. I thought these were illegal, but with the rite paper work you could have one. So i will be renewing my concealed weapons permit. In Apopka Florida near the area where I work there was a landscaper beatup pretty bad and most of his stuff stolen also. One of the guys that lives down the street from me , his worker was jumped last week and they beat him silly. Took his wallet cell phone and gave him a black eye and a fat lip . It was two big black guys that beat him.It is getting bad out there... just wait and see what happens next.

JPsDuramax
01-30-2009, 03:25 PM
I agree its getting bad. I work with a gc and we are alwas getting calls about dong breakin repairs. Part of my scope of work on my maintanece accounts is to survey fence lines, doors, and any thing suspicious while I am onsite doing the yard work. The one facility (where I always carry) had a whole cut in the fence and the catyltic converters cut off two company vans. The company replaced the fencing with something more difficult to get through but just a month later someone used a Sawzall to cut the fence and take off with the copper pipping for the A.C.

It cost the company in excess of $80000. And it wasn't the first time. I make sure the guy that works with me keeps his eyes open and I told him to use the edger or weedeater as a weapon if he had to.

Southernlandscape343
02-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I was down in Atlanta the other day, went to hastings in chamblee and then went to Atlanta water gardens to look at getting some fish and plants for the ponds that I recently put in. You know you're in a bad part of town when the marta bus pavillion things have signs saying "turn in dog fighters" with a picture of a huge pitbull. I was a bit nervous being down there by myself. Even if I have an ASP baton between my seat and the center console and a maglight mounted to the center console. Heck if all else failed I always have my spyderco knife. I would feel a whole lot better if I had a handgun for protection. Seeing how im 19 right now I've still got some time to wait. Things have gone downhill recently up in the Alpharetta area, home invasions where families have been beaten, bound up and gagged. The 12 gauge stays loaded with 5 in the tube and another 5 on the butt. Gotta love 00 Buck:waving: Gotta make sure there aren't any lawsuits if I was to have to pull the trigger. :laugh:

georgiagrass
10-06-2009, 03:57 AM
Have you thought about Lojack?