PDA

View Full Version : Had to Vent

dcombs
10-08-2008, 07:56 PM
This guy that has two mowing crews has been doing a bad job on our local banks, and the bank asked me to come and put a bid in. So i did, and i got a phone call saturaday saying that i had the account. The crew before me wasn't keeping up with edging and pruning of trees and was just doing a bad job all around. So i started earlier this week working on the trees and shrubs. i was on my way back from college today to mow the account and i pull up and out of no were, there's the crew mowing the bank's lawn. i suddenly get real mad and i go into the bank and ask what is going on. they sayed they must of not got the memo,.... or did they? they made the account look like a proffesional had done it today. they came back and tried to get the account back. stealing it from me. the bank said they would call tomorrow and tell them that they are no longer needed.

has this ever happened to any body?, and what did you do?

Sweet Tater
10-08-2008, 08:00 PM
Its never happened to me, however if it did.... Hopefully you got a signed contract from the bank. If you did, let them handle dismissing the old company. I wouldn not get involved wit that. If the bank trys to siff you instead, you've got the contract to fall back on and get your money.

Tharrell
10-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Settle down before you have a stroke. Why get all excited about it, it's just an account even if for some odd reason they are back in there.
This business is fun if you don't let things get to you. Tony

garnersgardening
10-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Settle down before you have a stroke. Why get all excited about it, it's just an account even if for some odd reason they are back in there.
This business is fun if you don't let things get to you. Tony

I agree this business is fun but when you are talking about other companies trying to steal business you have gotten it is time to get upset. If the bank contacted you and gave you the job don't worry about it they were obviosly unhappy with the previouse guy. Now if you did not get a signed contract let it go, take this one as a lesson learned, if you did then hold them to it.

dcombs
10-08-2008, 08:11 PM
not to mention this acoount is my biggest acount and there are three branches of this commercial account. and they did all three today

underPSI
10-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Yeah, who cares if someone else is cutting it. You are the one getting paid for it. Let them cut it then make sure every looks good.

dcombs
10-08-2008, 08:27 PM
problem is havent signed a contract yet. and thats my fault just havent had time

CLARK LAWN
10-08-2008, 08:28 PM
maybe they had a contract with the previous company and are just letting the work it out and then u take over next year? or possibly the crew just did it because they always have (thought the boss forgot to put it on the route sheet)me guys have done that before,I forgot to put one on the list and they couldnt get me so they went ahead and did it.

dcombs
10-08-2008, 08:37 PM
reason i got it this saturday was they let them go at the end of the last month. ill be fine tomorrow its just i am a college student doing this part time to pay for college and all the money i can get my hands on helps me out

Lawn Pawn
10-08-2008, 11:37 PM
You may never know what really happened.

How is it that the .. former... provider was never made to do the job right until now?
Who in the bank let it go on this long.

Were you "hired" just to put the fear of God in him... only to be let go after he wacked up the ginger to finally do his job right?

Could be just inner office politics playing out at your expense. Have seen that before! It may be you are better off not getting this account if it's a dog and pony show operation. It is sad things like this happen for whatever reason.

Tharrell
10-09-2008, 08:05 AM
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"--Cool Hand Luke

Don't sweat it, they won't teach you that in college, it's something I had to learn the hard way.
Here's an education for you. Learn from others mistakes. Tony

Richard Martin
10-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Strange things happen sometimes. I just took a job over and the previous crew never came and got their last payment. They should have picked the check up 2 months ago.

MJS
10-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Had something similar happen to me once - I got the contract for a residential lawn a few years ago, (this was in March), I mowed it for the first time the first week of that month, and the next day, lo and behold, the old company had showed up and done a really nice job on top of my already really nice job.

I talked to the customer about it, and the next time those guys showed up, she told me that she went out and gave them a piece of her mind. They didn't come back after that :laugh:

Ooomwizard
10-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Your contact at the bank should have all your answers. Ask him/her if that liked the great job the other company did on top of your great job.

Your contact should have been embarassed and have given you an answer on who's doing it. Seems like a closed deal to me.

GL!