PDA

View Full Version : opinions on 36" stander

wiseguyslawn
10-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Demoing a 52" stander right now and its a nice machine but I will stick with my exmarks for the bigger areas. I'm thinking about trading in my toro walk behind in for a 36" wright stander. Does this machine fit in the tight gates? I must be faster and more productive. Thanks for the imput.

Roger
10-08-2008, 09:25 PM
I too would like opinions on exchanging a 36" w/b for a Wright 36" Stander. My w/b is reaching a point of replacement, and the decision is another w/b, or maybe a Stander.

I know a 36" Stander would go through the gates I have, but my concern is slopes. I have a few places that have significant slopes, and am concerned the Stander would not work here. I use it for limited bagging, using a Gobbler (which should work with the Stander, right?). No mulching for this machine, mostly discharge, with some bagging.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but we may have similar concerns.

PTP
10-08-2008, 09:54 PM
The Stander is exceptional on slopes.

I run a 36" Toro and a 48" Stander. I much prefer the Stander on slopes. Once you get the hang of things, 30 degrees or more is very doable.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
10-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Been using Wright standers this whole year,all i can say is demo one if you can. They are more productive then any WB Mower. Faster and more efficient machines. We use to use Wb mowers with Velke's,they are a thing of the past for us ,i will not go back to WB'S and Velke. The Standers hold pretty good on slope. They have boosted production as much as 30 percent easily for us. I plan to put 2 more on the trailer for next year.

Shades of Green LService
10-08-2008, 11:17 PM
Standers or walkbehind?? STANDER!! Ben using standers for 6 years now. Best mower ever.

ed2hess
10-10-2008, 07:48 PM
We are pretty darn happy with our Wright Sentar with RH and seat and 17hp engine. It is a very productive machine and with the power we got on a 36" unit we mulch year round with outlet closed. If they would put some zerts on those spindles and fix the breaking throttle cable we would be even happier.