PDA

View Full Version : Dealer frustration

davis45
10-08-2008, 09:33 PM
If any one has a good Hustler dealer close to Illinois let me know, I am willing to drive. I have bought two ZTR's and a tractor from my current dealer. Buy all my oils, blades and everything else from there also. I mow alot of cemeteries and i'm bidding alot more for next season which would require another crew, so I went in to get a quote today to get my expenses figured out. After all the money I have spent there he quoted me $19,500 for Two Hustler Super Z's, 60" cut with a 25 Kaw.

Is it just me or is this a bunch of crap? I have seen guys on here say they got ONE OTD for $8500-8700. Even if he couldn't go that cheap, I still figured a bigger discount If purchasing two of them.

dgfitz
10-08-2008, 11:00 PM
Is it just me or is this a bunch of crap?

Both. You got what, a quote? Now go back and make him a counter offer,
he is a business person just like you, he wants a deal for himself not you.
Dealers like to deal as the saying goes, it's just thier little turf issue is all.
Better yet, make BOTH dealers bid against each other, sure fire way to get the lowest price for yourself. Happy bidding time. :)

davis45
10-08-2008, 11:09 PM
I understand that, but I have bought 3 mowers from him. Multiple sets of blades, oils, filters, tires. Plus 2 push mowers, hedge trimmers and a blower. Just kind of shocked when he pretty much told me to pay full retail price.

dgfitz
10-09-2008, 12:34 AM
Just kind of shocked when he pretty much told me to pay full retail price.

Shock is easily overcome by application of salts, the ol salt is just jerking
your chain, hoping to get away with it too. The closer some people get to
know each other, the more they raise thier stakes, maybe not your motto,
but people do react that way, it's that ol' competitive attitude, that is all.
Now go do what I said, get those bidding wars started, and to the loser, offer friendship. To reverse a saying used by someone on this forum, let
them bid you like they don't need you, and somewere someone is gonna
get a good deal, you.