PDA

View Full Version : ASV RC 30 Question

Backyard Depot
10-09-2008, 08:58 AM
Hope I'm in the right place. (New here)
I hit the switches for AUX. HYD. and get nothing. I have no pressure to the quick disconnects. Any ideas anyone. Mark

bobcat_ron
10-09-2008, 09:57 AM
Is their a lock out switch to activate them?

Backyard Depot
10-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Is their a lock out switch to activate them?

Hi, yes there is a rocker switch for on demand and continous. I've tried both positions and get nothing. It was a rental that I used so much I finally bought it but I had never used the Aux. hyd. I recently bought a grapple bucket and that's when I found out the Aux wasn't working. I haven't checked fuses or anything yet, I wanted to check here and see if anyone could point me in a direction. Thanks for any ideas you can give me.

Dirt Digger2
10-09-2008, 10:47 AM
since its an electrical system your best bet would be to check that
1) your fuse isn't blown
2) your switch is working, you can do this by pulling the switch and turning it on and seeing if juice is flowing through it...

check your easiest fixes first...if it is one of those two it is a simple and easy fix...also make sure your connections are hooked proper

you can also check for bad wires but that will show up when you check to make sure the switch is getting juice

Digdeep
10-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Call them at the factory and ask for their service department. 800-346-5954. The number is also on their website. I have called them before for technical information and they were very good to deal with.

Backyard Depot
10-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks to all of you. I just called ASV as recommended, they are very helpful. The tech. started lining me out on the electrical system,as recommended and is going to work with me on locating the problem. Now if I can get the guys to park it long enough I'll get it fixed. LOL:drinkup:

Ausman
10-10-2008, 06:58 AM
I am sure Buck will help at the factory.

you need to check the Aux fuses, and the Aux relays, is it working both ways?

if you have power at the relays and fuses you need to go down to the valve under your feet and check the magnetic solinoids there it is rare that both ways drop out if it is not a fuse, if one way drops out it is a relay or a solenoid.

i have also had some where the connectors are not pushed togather correctly either on the handls or the magnet solenoid.

Backyard Depot
10-10-2008, 07:34 AM

if you have power at the relays and fuses you need to go down to the valve under your feet and check the magnetic solinoids there it is rare that both ways drop out if it is not a fuse, if one way drops out it is a relay or a solenoid.

i have also had some where the connectors are not pushed togather correctly either on the handls or the magnet solenoid.

Hi, I spoke with Tom at ASV and he said the same thing. To answer your question, I have no response in any direction. The whole system is dead. I'll try and check the fuse this weekend.

One of our contractors did a boulder job around a swimming pool yesterday. He planned on 2 days to complete. I had them take the RC30 with them. 10 hrs. later,done! Absolutely the best purchase we've made.

Backyard Depot
10-14-2008, 09:47 AM

Finally had a chance to look yesterday.You were correct,fuse. The rental company had moved the AUX. fuse to a blank holder to prevent renters from running around with the aux. pump engaged. I put it back in place and bingo the grapple bucket works. Thanks again for everyones input.