PDA

View Full Version : A few questions...

freshprince94
10-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Up to this point I have been using a residential 21" and it has been getting the job done. I hate it but it got the job done for close to 2 years. I can feel that it is near it's death though, so I'm preparing to replace it.

With that being said, I want a small w/b or Stander mower for my yards since I don't do many big lots. Deck can't be bigger than 36". Up to this point I was thinking Phazer but I would like a w/b to continue getting the excercise I get with the 21".

Up to now I have relatively limited myself to my favorite dealer's offerings (eXmark and Dixie), but I am thinking about branching out some.

So, any recommendations you have, any brand, any 36" model, please share.

Also, I am planning on buying a second set of trimmers and edgers for backup. I was thinking Stihl FS 80 and FC 75. What are your opinions? I am only considering Stihl, and I already have an FS 90 and the equivelant of an FC 95.

Thanks for all help.

DillonsLawnCare
10-09-2008, 07:53 PM
get the eXmark metro or the viking!

i wouldnt bother with the backup trimmers/ blowers..... just my opinion though..

freshprince94
10-09-2008, 07:54 PM
get the eXmark metro or the viking!

i wouldnt bother with the backup trimmers/ blowers..... just my opinion though..

Thanks...I am trying to find one used. IDK about the trimmers, but just an idea.

jbell36
10-09-2008, 07:56 PM
were you thinking belt drive or hydro? floating deck or fixed?

Wittapp
10-09-2008, 08:03 PM
I use the FS 80 as my primary trimmer and love it. I agree though, why do you need a backup? If you find an absolute steal on a used one, that is one thing. But, I don't see the need for a backup if you are maintaining your equipment. As far as a walk behind, measure your gates. I had to go with a 32 due to the gates around here being 36". You cannot get a 36" mower into a 36" gate unless you "wiggle" it in. And even then sometimes not.

Dave in Dayton