PDA

View Full Version : New Takeuchi Track Loaders

finegrade
10-09-2008, 07:57 PM
Guys,

I hoping that someone can post some pics of the new Takeuchi models, the TL230 etc.
Any opinions would be appreciated as well
Thanks,

Finegrade

bobcat_ron
10-09-2008, 08:37 PM
I wish everyone could build them like Takeuchi does. They are tanks.

trailmaker
10-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Welcome to the forum finegrade. Use the search function at the top of the page and you will find some good information on the two series.

AWJ Services
10-10-2008, 09:33 AM
I have not heard of anyone here in the states that has actually tested one out.

BobZilla
10-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Was at the FarmFest show in Springfield, MO last weekend and got an up and close look at the new Takeuchi TL250. I was impressed with the machine....big is the best way to describe it.

Dealer was very informative and just couldn't help but tell me of how Cat, Deere, Case, Bobcat, etc., were all "junk" compared to the Tak machine. He went on to explain why too. Got to give the guy credit though....he had a good way to piss off potential customers. :nono:

AWJ Services
10-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Takeuchi invented the Tracked machine just like Bobcat invented the wheeled machine.

There track system has been in use for a long time and is well tested.
They are the only machine that is designed as a CTL machine only.
Put it side by side with any manufacturer and compare the size of pins, metal in loader arms, cab size, quality of construction , etc and you can see why the salesman was adamant about them being better.Alls he had too do was give you the keys and let you make your own decision.They sell there selves.
There is no better excavation machine out there.
There built like a tank.

If you want bells and whistles they are not for you.
If you need too haul material all over a job site, run a high flow attachment, or just lift heavy objects well then they may not be the best choice.

Just my opinion.

Digdeep
10-10-2008, 06:54 PM

ASV would probably disagree.

AWJ Services
10-10-2008, 08:53 PM
ASV makes a point of grouping thereselves with Cat who claim they are a MTL.

Dirtman2007
10-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Takeuchi invented the Tracked machine just like Bobcat invented the wheeled machine.

Put it side by side with any manufacturer and compare the size of pins, metal in loader arms, cab size, quality of construction , etc and you can see why the salesman was adamant about them being better.Alls he had too do was give you the keys and let you make your own decision.They sell there selves.
There built like a tank.

If you need too haul material all over a job site, run a high flow attachment, or just lift heavy objects well then they may not be the best choice.

Just my opinion.

You are 100% correct, If you want a good reliable machine that will work hard for you and make you money with little to no repairs except for maintenance you need a takeuchi.

I you want you ride in luxury and have all those useless do da's get something else.

Takeuchi spends the money on what matters, power and performance. I will admit the cab is bear and only had what it needs but it will out work any other brand machine of it's size moving dirt. Who needs the interior of a BMW in the cab of a skid steer? It's going to get filthy and nasty, with the takeuchi cab you just shut the air vents and spray it out with the hose, Good as new.

Digdeep
10-10-2008, 10:00 PM
ASV makes a point of grouping thereselves with Cat who claim they are a MTL.

ASV has always called their machines rubber track loaders or Compact Track Loaders (CTLs). They were around long before the CAT MTL. Here is their company history that dates the first rubber track construction machine to 1987.

http://www.asvi.com/asv_history.cfm

bobcat_ron
10-10-2008, 10:20 PM

There built like a tank.

Just my opinion.

I would 100% agree to that as well, the legend goes, in the late 1980's Mr. Takeuchi himself, slept right in the factory, he even had an entire suite for his family to occupy. If there was a machine that came back with a defect, the whole factory was shut down until every machine was examined and checked and repairs were made, then and only then, would Mr. Takeuchi give the green light to commence.
He was known as a perfectionist, nothing wrong with that.

If I had to buy another CTL, Takeuchi would be my middle name.

Digdeep
10-10-2008, 10:25 PM
I would 100% agree to that as well, the legend goes, in the late 1980's Mr. Takeuchi himself, slept right in the factory, he even had an entire suite for his family to occupy. If there was a machine that came back with a defect, the whole factory was shut down until every machine was examined and checked and repairs were made, then and only then, would Mr. Takeuchi give the green light to commence.
He was known as a perfectionist, nothing wrong with that.

If I had to buy another CTL, Takeuchi would be my middle name.

I would agree that they make nice machines. However, that line must have been shut down an awful lot back when they were making the TL26 and then the TL126 (just the TL26 with a new number). They were absolute nightmares. We sold them at the Bobcat dealership before Bobcat came out with the 864. The 864 was also a nightmare. Takeuchi sold their first track loaders in the U.S. in 1987. I do get a kick out of the fact that their excavators still have cig lighters and an ashtray.

bobcat_ron
10-10-2008, 10:29 PM
I would agree that they make nice machines. However, that line must have been shut down an awful lot back when they were making the TL26 and then the TL126 (just the TL26 with a new number). They were absolute nightmares. We sold them at the Bobcat dealership before Bobcat came out with the 864. The 864 was also a nightmare. Takeuchi sold their first track loaders in the U.S. in 1987.

Yes, the TL26's had one HUGE flaw, they couldn't counter-rotate 360 degrees with the pilot controls, pilot controls were a grey area on skid steers.

They recalled a bunch back to the Georgia HQ and they sat there until the newer models showed up.

AWJ Services
10-10-2008, 10:29 PM
I would agree that they make nice machines. However, that line must have been shut down an awful lot back when they were making the TL26 and then the TL126 (just the TL26 with a new number). They were absolute nightmares

My point exactly about the other new too the market CTL machines.
If they do there own thing there is a learning curve.
If the copy Tak then thats another story.

Digdeep
10-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Yes, the TL26's had one HUGE flaw, they couldn't counter-rotate 360 degrees with the pilot controls, pilot controls were a grey area on skid steers.

They recalled a bunch back to the Georgia HQ and they sat there until the newer models showed up.

That was a small problem. The big problems were planetaries (our store owner told Takeuchi that we should have a tractor trailer loaded with spare planetaries to keep up with the failures), leaks, bearings, 200-400 hour track life, etc.

BIGBEN2004
10-11-2008, 09:25 AM
I work part time for another excavating company that just bought a new TL250 and a left over TL140. The new Kabota engine in the TL250 is supposed to meat new diesel regulations but I must say it puts out a steady stream of smoke all day long. Other than the factory radio and the hydraulic quick release it is pretty much the same machine with a new engine and new stickers. Also the rear door has allot more air flow vents in it to keep the engine cooler but don't back into a dirt pile or the radiator will be filled with dirt. A small flaw but can be over looked. All in all it is a good machine with a ton of power.

JDSKIDSTEER
10-11-2008, 06:04 PM
I traded in a TL130 the other day. Neat little machine.

mdterp
10-16-2008, 10:14 PM
ASV has always called their machines rubber track loaders or Compact Track Loaders (CTLs). They were around long before the CAT MTL. Here is their company history that dates the first rubber track construction machine to 1987.

http://www.asvi.com/asv_history.cfm

thanks for the history lesson! but the discussion is about the new Tak. not ASV

mdterp
10-17-2008, 01:41 PM
What changes are there from the TL1XX series to the TL2XX series?

BIGBEN2004
10-17-2008, 07:50 PM
What changes are there from the TL1XX series to the TL2XX series?

Factory installed radio, TL250 now has a Kabota engine, hydraulic quick attach, just added a foot throttle and more spacing in the rear grill for more air flow in the rear door. New decals and that is about it. The control levers look a little different and a electrical plug for attachments is now also on them.

Hollowellreid
10-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Drove a beat to death TL140 with 2000+ hours today. Pins so sloppy that the tilt cylinder rods hit the quick-attach plate when you dumped. Yikes...

Still a powerful little guy, smooth, easy to operate. Sure feels big though...

Might try to trade a few things around and get a 150 come spring.

On a side note... Are there any competent TAK dealers anyone would reccomend? Just getting parts from any of the dealers around here is like pulling teeth. The last one dropped the ball big time on some buckets and a pin grabber...

Mowingman
10-17-2008, 08:17 PM
I am not too impressed with the Tak. track machines. The Gehl track machines are rebadged Tak. models. I rented two different models to use with a log grapple and a heavy duty bush hog mower. Both models rode very rough. Nearly beat me to death over an 8 hour period. Both machines had very poor A/C systems. The cab would not stay close to cool in our hot summer temps. The hand steering controls were way too touchy so turns were very quick and jerky. Both machines were prone to overheating. Had to stop every 15 to 20 minutes while mowing to let machine cool down. Hydraulics were weak compared to similar J.D. and Bobcat machines. Mower would easily stall in tough mowing conditions.
We were looking to buy, but crossed the Tak/Gehl track machines off our list pretty quick.