PDA

View Full Version : New Toro Grandstand question

JimMac
10-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Hi all;
I notice Toro finally posted the specs on the grandstand mower. It doesn't say the overall weight of the machine. Does anyone know the weight of this new mower? Also, how is the quality of cut with that particular deck? I believe it is the ultra cut deck... is this a good deck? does it have good clipping dispersal? Thanks for the 411.
JimMac

dura to the max
10-10-2008, 02:53 PM
the ultra cut deck is what exmark uses on the tthp's. the grandstand is equipped with the turbo force deck which i am not too familiar with. ive used that deck once on a loaner but the blades werent sharp so i cant really say..

mowerbrad
10-10-2008, 06:47 PM
I demoed a Toro Z master with the turbo force deck in august and it was a very good deck. It should have the adjustable baffle which allows you to choose how the deck will cut in certain conditions. When I demoed it, I left the baffle wide open and it would disperse the clippings at least 12 feet away if not more. I was able to cut at full speed without sacraficing the quality of the cut. Overall the turbo force deck is quite a good deck. But it doesn't stripe too well without the stripping kit.

MileHigh
10-10-2008, 09:02 PM
the ultra cut deck is what exmark uses on the tthp's. the grandstand is equipped with the turbo force deck which i am not too familiar with. ive used that deck once on a loaner but the blades werent sharp so i cant really say..

what's up dura.

actually the ultra cut deck goes on the turf tracers and some ztr's, the tri-vantage deck goes on the turf tracer hp's.

Swampy
10-11-2008, 12:03 AM
I demoed a Toro Z master with the turbo force deck in august and it was a very good deck. It should have the adjustable baffle which allows you to choose how the deck will cut in certain conditions. When I demoed it, I left the baffle wide open and it would disperse the clippings at least 12 feet away if not more. I was able to cut at full speed without sacraficing the quality of the cut. Overall the turbo force deck is quite a good deck. But it doesn't stripe too well without the stripping kit.

All I got to add is don't get a roller stripe kit, mine kept falling off and the ZTR would crush it. I tried everything with it from Lock tight to Jam nuts. Since then got that mud flap one works perfect but I need to change it after 2 seasons use.

But the deck is awesome, even with double cutting large areas with another machine.

jameson
10-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Hi all;
I notice Toro finally posted the specs on the grandstand mower. It doesn't say the overall weight of the machine. Does anyone know the weight of this new mower? Also, how is the quality of cut with that particular deck? I believe it is the ultra cut deck... is this a good deck? does it have good clipping dispersal? Thanks for the 411.
JimMac

Regarding the 52" machine, from the horse's mouth. . .

James,

The 52” GrandStand is 74 inches with the platform down and 59 inches with the platform up. Typically people would trailer the machine with the platform up. Also in the down position the platform is within the turning radius of the tires. The machine weighs 850 with a 19hp and ~ 875 with the 23 hp (this is without an operator) .

Regards,

Ross Hawley

Marketing Product Manager - LCE

The Toro Company

Phone: (952) 887-7344

Fax: (952) 887-7929

jbell36
10-13-2008, 03:08 PM
wow i like those specs...does anyone really know how much it is going to be? i've heard roughly $8,000

Big Wes
10-13-2008, 05:12 PM
wow i like those specs...does anyone really know how much it is going to be? i've heard roughly $8,000

For that kind of money you can buy a Z and be sitting down instead of standing and ducking tree limbs.:rolleyes: